1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morbidelli,.......

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Mar 25, 2023.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

How does Yamaha not have a dude you suck clause? I can't imagine them letting him circulate at the back of the pack all year

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well why would they pay another person to ride that piece of shit?

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Let's face reality here. The current Yamaha platform is garbage. If Quartararo left Yamaha and contested MotoGP on a clapped out SV650, he would be the world champion until he got too bored to continue. The GOAT couldn't compete on it. It finished Dovi's career. Getting fired by Yamaha would be the best thing that ever happened to Morbidelli.

ToofPic, ducnut and 418 like this.
  4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

With all of the experience and resources at their disposal, how is it even possible for a major team to develop a $#!t bike these days? If its that bad, just bust the old bike that worked out of the mothballs and start tweaking it a little. JEEZ!

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Before Vinales went through his shenanigans with Yamaha, I was really hoping Aprilia would poach Morbidelli from them. I like the guy as a rider and want to see him on something more competitive

I've been thinking the same thing about Honda. Don't they have a previous iteration of their chassis that they know worked, and can use thatvas a platform to develop a new one for their current bike?

ducnut likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Is that even possible? Ducati have thrown an army, on the absolute most extreme bikes, at the class and have used all that data to exponentially improve their bikes. They’ve truly moved the goalposts. It’s a class that no longer rewards conservative consistency. Ducati have so many different potential champions, they only care if one of them wins it; not necessarily a particular rider.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quartararo tossed him under the bus in his French TV post-race interview. Basically said he's useless.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Morbidelli is another one of those guys who must have dirt on people to hang on for so long at a factory team.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Or perhaps sexual favors are involved.
    Crank up the rumor mill. Or should it be rumour mill?

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

He stinks.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Lol. He can't stink, can he? Just a little while ago he was running up wins on his way to 2nd in the championship on an old bike.

I think he needs a change of scenery and a good bike, hence why I was hoping Aprilia would poach him a couple years back.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I think you're forgetting about his injury ... he stinks now.

I'm surprised there isn't a performance clause in his contract that would allow Yamaha to release him w/o penalty. Hes been horrible since he moved to the factory team.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All his attorney has to do is roll a M1 into the courtroom as Exhibit #1. :D

Canadian Bacon and pickled egg like this.
  14. Easy, it’s the culture. Very general stereotyping but take no risk, acknowledge no mistakes or oversights, evolution and not revolution unless it’s mandatory, etc.

15. Oh damn that was cold but colder will be when Yamaha’s attorney puts up FQ’s results.
    I don’t what is up with FB, it’s hard to watch. I’m sure he has a Ken Hill type of coach, etc but something is holding him back. If I was him at this point I’d be headed to Central America to one of those Shaman’s who feeds you mushrooms and DMT and before I even arrived I’d tell him full gas, don’t hold back. On my way back I’d stop in Vegas with a good $50k and go on a couple / few day bender, then go somewhere isolated as fick to enjoy my hangover and shame.