1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I did read loading the mags correctly was critical, and knew to make sure rounds alternate, but that lip info really helps alot from a visual standpoint in what to look for from the top as well...:beer:

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

:timeforabeer: You're welcome.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Da fug is wrong with the them charging their best customer a nuisance fee? :blart:

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I learned CZ offers a 22LR conversion for the Shadow 2. Does anyone have experience with this kit?

Anyone running a 22LR conversion kit on a different handgun? If yes, would you recommend this as a training tool?

Thanks.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

What suppressor is this? On the pictured Sig the suppressor doesn't look overly large. Almost tasteful

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s what she
    never said

Gorilla George and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Weird…I hear that a lot.

8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Size part absolutely
    Tasteful never

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I have the Sig P229 with the following slides:
    22LR (was original to the gun)
    9mm (exchange kit with upper & mags)
    .40 cal (exchange kit with upper & mags)

I really like the 22lr slide, as the trigger pull is the same for the 9/40 and you get get really comfortable with the ergos & sights for very cheap.
    It's also a nice way to graduate someone from 22lr --> 9mm on something familiar.

If you have the funds, get it, as the CZ 75 22/9 combo was one of my recommendations to a female friend that wanted a handgun.
    She ended up with the Sig 229 22/9 combo as it felt better to her.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  10. motorkas

75 rounds this morning mag dumped, suppressed straight out the box with three different types of ammo....not one malfunction....keeper....THANK YOU!!!

:beer:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. motorkas

YHM mite....old can, been carbon locked for years....found out recently YHM was doing a program a couple years back where you could retrofit stinger baffles for the original mono core (that was a known problem with the carbon locking)...missed it though since they have changed to newer .22 cans....still quiet as hell; with 147 9mm subs, I can hear the impact on dirt with ear pro with the bigger cans, but if I take the ear pro off, cant hear it because of the report; this morning, no ear pro - could hear the impacts in the dirt....pretty convinced I could fire it in the basement and anybody on the second wouldnt hear it...

speedluvn likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Mixed results at the range today...

the 5.56 62 grain "seconds" I got from Zincpoint look just fine and the 40 or so rounds I brought all went bang.

the tx22 competition that I had lots of feed issues with and sent back to Taurus still sucks. They never called or emailed me to let me know they got the gun back, ask any questions, or let me know what they did. They were supposed to mail it directly back to me, but instead sent it back to the shop I used to ship it to them. Invoice enclosed said they replaced the complete slide and all 3 magazines and test fired 32 rounds thru it. I had high hopes, but today it went back to its old bad behavior... misfeed city! Shoved at least 250 rounds thru it, the most consecutive good rounds was about 24 (mag and a half). More often it would jam up about every 8-10 rounds. Gonna clean the gun and mags one more time, not sure what after that if it still sucks. Wish I had GG money so I could chuck it in the back of the safe and forget about it. Or better yet- pile some tannerite around it and send it back to hell!

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What are these transfer fees y'all spea
    That's the kind of good news that's a relief.

Are those SLAP rounds? Just a guess, what with 62gr and all.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Man, I swear sometimes I really can't tell if you're trolling or being sarcastic.

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No, the indoor ranges kinda frown on those

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'd like to be first in line for 556 or 762 slap rounds. Sign me up! :)

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ha. Nah...I didn't delete enough. $25.
    Or were you talkin' about the SLAP rounds?