1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

In terms of this I know the dangers I accepted when I rolled on to the track. Having an ambulance parked in my path 90 degrees to the path of the racing surface is not one of them.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

grew up in a 92 jetta with the window cupholder:crackup:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Talk about living on the edge :)

4. Venom51

So in this case she wasn't clever enough to drink coffee without spilling it on herself or clip a plastic cup holder to the door card.

Sorry...couldn't resist being a dick on that one.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's okay because I have no idea what you're trying to say:crackup:

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Not the track rental part. The part where they conclude who was at fault while simultaneously stating they weren't involved. It needlessly and irresponsibly makes conclusions about who/what happened while attempting to absolve themselves of any responsibility (not saying they have any).

Jon Wilkens, boxcrash, drop and 3 others like this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The part having to do with track rental is fine. This part has nothing to do with how track rental works and specifically discusses what happened at the track that day. That is where it is out of line since they said they already said that have nothing to do with it.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And you have every right to be wrong. :beer:

BrentA likes this.
  9. Venom51

Where can I find the warning label from the results of that lawsuit? :D

10. Venom51

I remember those clip on plastic cup holders. So they were indeed available at the time as confirmed by at least two of you here so still a limited reason to stick hot coffee in your crotch. Just sayin'. Not everything is someone else's fault for which they should be held legally liable. Seems I am the odd man out on the hot coffee lawsuit but it is not the first time and won't be the last. :D

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Kenny with the deep introspection. Mad props!

12. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

13. Venom51

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    Phl218 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Duh?

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If cup holder technology was readily available at the time of this unfortunate incident, surely the manufacturer who failed to provide one in the victim's car bears some responsibility for her injuries. Is there a statute of limitations for beverage trauma? Incidentally, if someone were to sue McDonald's for falsely representing the noxious swill that they peddle as being fit for human consumption, they would enjoy my full support.

drop likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

While you are probably kidding, I would not be the least bit surprised if there was a label somewhere on all McDonald's coffee machines warning not to mess with the brew temperature settings.

boxcrash and BrentA like this.
  17. Venom51

You know there is, just like the one that says don't stick your foot under a running lawn mower or the one that says don't drink the contents of a bottle of bleach and yet somehow, society is convinced they are smarter than the people that came before them. :D

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I used to think the same thing until I watched the doc and learned what actually happened. She deserved every penny.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The car I was referring to earlier was a 92 GTI in which I too kept a window cupholder. :D
    Nah, not quite. I think that the responsibilities were shared and I wouldn't have been shocked to see the case tossed out of court. However, I am glad that McDonald's lost. They may not have been guilty of putting hot coffee between a grown woman's legs, but the way he treated her was despicable enough to warrant a very painful verdict.

The real shame is that the people who advised them to fight the case probably did not become homeless as a result of the massive loss.

noles19 likes this.
  20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this