1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rediscover music.

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Mar 13, 2023.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I occasionally rediscover music I haven't heard for a while.
    Lately I can't get enough of the music from the 1981 Heavy Metal.
    Blue Lamp by Stevie Nick's, Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar. Just wow.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Journey- Only the young.
    Judas Priest- screaming for vengeance.
    Charlie Sexton - beats so lonely

exracer941 and Shenanigans like this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Journey? JOURNEY?

Dave, didn't know you were a trans, as in the 80's you were a teenage girl.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep me too. Box Car Willie is like a god or maybe Spinal Tap but I'm not sure...

Back to the Cds

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

867-5309

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

DANNNNNY I GOTTTT YO NUMBAH!!!
    [​IMG]

Trainwreck likes this.
  7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I recently rediscovered how fucking much I love “Jesus Christ” by Brand New. that song seriously embodies how I feel inside. The lyrics and the music. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a song and said “yup. That’s me” more than that song.

check out the official video

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    Circacee likes this.
  8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

They were my favorite band growing up along with At the Drive In, The Mars Volta and Coheed.

cortezmachine likes this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

how old are you? Mars Volta are dope but I was never into C&C. I was all about glassjaw, Thursday and Saosin (COVE not fucking Anthony Greene). I actually went to high school with the guys from Finch and jammed with them a lot during their formation. The drummer is still one of my closest friends. On their first album I’m credited as “theragingalcoholfueledcortezmachine”.

I shortened it to Cortezmachine lol

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    Circacee likes this.
  10. Circacee

33 but grew up with cousins that were 6-10 years older than I am so I was into it. Played a little drums also.

i have Glassjaw lyrics tattoo’d on my ribs, Daryl Palumbo was my hero.

Saosin, Finch, Coheed, Thursday(I just watched them at the Glasshouse Pomona last year), Cursive, TBS, The Used. I watched AlexisonFire back in August of last year, they’re fucking great.

Finch is playing at the House of Blues in Anaheim around May of this year. Might go watch them.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

See you there :) I’ll be hanging out with the guys

I still can’t listen to EYWTKAS. Ever since my brother died I can’t do it without completely breaking down to my knees in tears.

Circacee likes this.
  12. Circacee

Ill dm you. You going Thursday or Friday?

13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Donnie Iris -Al Leah
    Billy Squier-In the dark
    Uriah Heep-Stealin
    Corrosion Of Conformity-Albatross I just make a weird list and put it on while I clean house

sharkattack and Shenanigans like this.
  15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Was the number to my Jr. High School

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Man... This Brand New and Thursday talk.. Gunna mess my day up...

lol For a solid few years I was spinning Brand New, From Autumn To Ashes, Thursday, Senses Fail, Funeral For a Friend, and other shit like this.

....Then I really got into the more hardcore stuff like Comeback Kid, Cancer Bats, A Wilhelm Scream, He Is Legend, and The Refused (a band that was seriously so fucking ahead of their time)

I grew up mostly listening to hardcore rap/hip hop stuff and that's still my go to.. But I will often bounce back to the hardcore/post hardcore punk rock stuff.

I also listen to entire albums at a time... So sometimes people who are going on long trips with me will get the sweet tempo change of me finishing up Enter The Wu (36 Chambers) and then jumping right into the newest Comeback Kid album Heavy Steps (which absolutely fucking hammers btw)

ToofPic and Circacee like this.
  17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Is it rediscover if your just really late to something? I fell into a j-metal youtube hole and "found" Maximum the Hormone. They've been around since 1999, and they last put out music in 2015. The change ups will give you whiplash, in all the right ways.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

King Crimson's classic "Lark's Tongue in Aspic" turned 50 this week. Now that was a game changer for prog/metal !

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

King Missile Detectable Penis FTW. :)

20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

A little while back I heard Player's "This Time I'm In It For Love" for the first time in probably decades. There was something hauntingly late 70's about it.