1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartburn/Indigestion attack

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 14, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Holy hell... I ate a Japanese cup of noodles today - I'm sure made in China. Within an hour or so, I started to feel like shit. That led to a full on attack that lasted about 90 minutes. I was on the floor curled in a ball clutching my chest and moaning/screaming and fighting back tears for 90 friggin minutes. Good lawd that was no fun at all. Some of the worst pain ever.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

that doesn't sound important at all. I wouldn't even go ask a doctor about it.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You’ll feel better…..eventually.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't go to the doctor unless I'm close to death. I did get my bloodwork done last summer for the first time in 20 years. Doc says I'm healthy as an 18 year old.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Aren't you 20?:D

TurboBlew and pickled egg like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I like to think more like 12. 12 sounds good :beer:

rd400racer likes this.
  7. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I recently caught gastroenteritis from a restaurant meat source and it made me feel bad enough to head for the ER too. Stomach pain and chest pain were terrible. Doc gave me a cocktail to soothe the stomach and a prescription for Carafate that’s doing its job now. ER did a bunch of blood work, CT scans and X-rays to rule out all of the chest pain issues. I was miserable for two weeks!

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Years back, I had my gallbladder taken out. I always thought it was indigestion. It felt like gas was trapped in diaphragm area that I just couldn't burp out. Then one day it hit me so hard, I was throwing up the pain was so bad. Went to the doc and my blood work quickly showed the problem. So yeah, get that checked out.

CBRRRRR999 and jasonhise like this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Gallbladder pain sucks. As much as you think/hope it will get better, it won’t. And shit like that will happen at the most inopportune times.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, laying down is one of the worst things you can do for indigestion. Standing up with your arms up is about as good as it gets without antacids.

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Us professional "shitty dieters" keep a tums bottle right next to the bed like grumpy old men.

Also, Get off my lawn

CBRRRRR999 and Phl218 like this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a gall bladder attack. I had mine removed last year. Takes about a year to get back to normal digestion wise.

If you're in that much pain and you go to the hospital, they will test your lipase blood levels and if it's elevated, gallbladder is suspected. Then they do an ultrasound to confirm there's stones in there. Fun times.

motion likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Seriously? Why cant it just be bad food? I had it happen about 3 years ago for the first time, but that episode lasted only about 15 minutes.

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Just be careful getting it removed,

My buddy eats, and then $hits his brains out immediately after

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

get some healing clay in your local supplement store; helps with all sorts of digestive stuff

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, don't worry about it. Who is your life insurance beneficiary these days?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

ToofPic, R1M370 and brex like this.
  18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

My dad had a condition called barrett's esophagus, certain foods would put him in a world of pain.

19. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

Similar issue and it was brought on by spicey food. Turned out to be golf ball sized gall stones. Had to do a full open surgery. Doc says he rarely sees anyone that bad. But I ignore stuff unless I have limbs falling off too.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with Barrett’s last year, not too bad so far. I’m supposed to avoid anything tomato based.