1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The stewards of course have more cameras and views to review to make their decision.

From the TV feed, it sure looked like JH2 was ahead, RE had room on the outside, and RE didn’t make the adjustment once Josh took the inside line. The fact that the front of Richie’s bike hit the back half of of Josh’s says Josh had position and Josh was holding his line and not just running him into the dirt says to me that it was a tough but fair pass. But I didn’t review the pass from multiple views and I’m not the steward.

While I’m weighing in with internet opinions, applying a time penalty from the first unfinished race to the 2nd restarted race was bogus. Those time penalties should have been used to set the grid, but that was a new 10-lap “endurance” race. You can’t tack that penalty onto a sprint race. Makes no sense other than it’s what the rules say. Gotta look at changing the rule there.

Gino230, acorn27, swissrcr and 3 others like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

because some are idiots like all walks of life… wth aren’t you seeing?!? He hit him! It’s not like he got punted… ffs I really knew better…

3. cosp600rr

cosp600rr Well-Known Member

Here is some food for thought and maybe some more info leading up the crash between JH2 and RE. This first series is 2 laps before the crash. Pay special attention to the joint in the asphalt where the 3rd rider is in the first picture and also the squiggly crack in front of RE. Coming off the banking there is a kink that I think they call turn 1 that they come close to the grass on the inside and let the bike drift out to the seam in the asphalt. Then RE commits to the turn and crosses the squiggly crack in the asphalt which sends him to the apex which starts where the white wall with the black crap hanging over it. He then follows this inside line all the way around.

Attached Files:

4. cosp600rr

1 lap before the crash with JH2 leading. RE does the exact same line and JH2 does a similar but is a couple feed wider. RE is inch perfect again and runs right across the squiggly line to the apex starting at the white wall with the black crap.

Attached Files:

Dragginass and rafa like this.
  5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Herrin even stated himself they were running that exact line all race. Richie never ran wide. He was actually on the race line.

6. cosp600rr

Lap of the crash. RE is coming in first. Appears to be on the same line and looks like he is going to hit the squiggly line in the asphalt again.

Attached Files:

23103a, Dragginass and rafa like this.
  7. cosp600rr

RE never changed his line, didnt do anything different and I dont believe "left the door open". He ran the exact same line and was on track to hit the squiggly line in the asphalt and the apex just like previously. JH2 had decided to try to make a pass there but was very very late in doing so. I dont see how there was any way for RE to lift out of the way by the time he could see JH2 coming. Also JH2 claims all over social media that he didnt run wide... Bull$&!t he didnt!!

Attached Files:

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

There should be a poll on who believes who was at fault....I say racing incident....JH was committed to making that pass and he snuck under the 'opened door'.

Whether or not RE was on his normal race line, doesn't really matter. JH thought otherwise. It may be a wide line in that turn, but it's also a place to pass....Bikes were going thru T1 2-wide all throughout the race....So they were just going 2 wide again, but RE didn't see JH there and crashed himself.

Skter505, JBall and rapidzrx like this.
  10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

It was a racing incident. Plain and simple

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

cheers bud :beer: but, think i woulda gone faster on a twins bike this weekend, sadly

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Based on the comments here I expected the pass to look like the 2011 French Simoncelli-Pedrosa incident. It looked nothing of the sort to me.
    Oh well.

HPPT and GixxerBlade like this.
  13. Dominguez44

Dominguez44 Well-Known Member

THANKS! Well shoot it didnt go like i had hoped...got that 1 lap at a 2:05 right out of the gate..guy crashed in front of me, red flag...then the gremlins popped up.
    Lost fuel supply, pump or clogged injectors.. quit pulling in qualifying (18th eventually and 2 seconds slower that fp1) , 14mph slower than fp1 also ,then it quit running all together.
    My fault i didnt even look at the junk in the tank from sitting so long...but i found out it will be plenty capable the next round.
    So if anyone is thinking an inexpensive Roland Sand Super Hooligan bike I think its a good fit.
    Thanks.
    Danny Dominguez

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I totally get the Herrin hate, but I think you guys are making too much of it.

worthless likes this.
  15. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

And here I am still trying to figure out how you can start a new race after being 13 laps down and be back on the lead lap with a chance to win it but if you had a 15 second penalty that goes back on after the new race is over ?:crackup:

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I looked for you in the other sessions and figured you may have had some issues. Glad to hear you are giving it another go at the next round. Get your boy out there too!

17. JSR29

JSR29 Member

There were 50 some riders on the starting grid correct?
    Has anyone seen a complete finishing order? If 50 riders started the race I would think they finished in some order?

18. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

You do not understand it correctly. It appears that someone from another team is making stuff up on the internet, unfortunately. Fortunately, MotoAmerica posted revised results today and gave Brandon the extra second back resulting in a promotion to 11th place and relegating Blake back to 12th, as it should have been all along, no disrespect to Blake.
    http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/Results/2023/DAYTONA/23_1_DAY_SSP_R1_res.pdf

Bruce, Trainwreck and assjuice cyrus like this.
  19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I didnt understand it either. Just what seemed to be the quick explanation of how it happened.

JCP636 likes this.
  20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

RE’s line left the door open on corner entry. In return it offered a better apex and exit. If being pressured any rider knows you have ride defensively (close door on entry even though it hurts the rest of corner) or someone will come through that door and block pass. That applies to all forms of racing. A block pass forces the other rider to check up and sacrifice the exit they had originally planned. RE didn’t want to sacrifice his apex/exit but didn’t have a choice. That was a good pass and entirely a racing incident.