1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm cool with all of it except the people that were a lap down. That doesn't make sense to me and I think it will change somewhat. I understand that they don't want a restart with 10 guys who were on the lead lap, but it does make you question the point of an endurance race.

2. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I read it as you could restart the race if you completed at least 39 laps and say you completed 39 you would be scored 49 total (10 more for the shortened restart ) ? Unless my Engrish is bad . Cam got the lap back , I'm not sure where everyone else was . I do remember Gillim falling off in the shitcane so I'm not sure how he was scored on the lead lap .

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Really curious what the infraction was.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Let’s just say Johnny Rock Page won it and move on to 2024…. Damn what a shit show for MA… I hope this doesn't continue within the season…

5. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Weird how when it's in slow motion, it looks like racing. In real time it looked like a d*ck move

cBJr and Jon Wilkens like this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I have no doubt that we will see him again in twins cup...

Waterboy, Gino230 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

8. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it was a shit show from MotoAmerica, the rules were the same last year. Do the teams know the rules?

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I was wondering. Why is it that a guy with Mesa's level of proven talent is he not a permanent contender in the MA paddock? Is it his racing is mainly a family affair and they mainly focus on club racing and one off MA events when they can afford/fit them in? He's clearly fast enough and his racecraft is on par or better than those that have fulltime rides.
    It seems everytime he grids up in a MA race, he's right at the front in any class he's entered.

jd41, Nathey, SundaySocial and 6 others like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Photo and R1Racer99 like this.
  11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so didn't see it discussed, may have missed it.. but what does everyone think about the 750cc bike speeds ? i'm all for the "new gen" stuff, and getting more mfgs out on track, but dang, most everyone on 750's had mega speed on the banking. Arguably the largest guy, Hayden G, had the fastest trap speed if not mistaken (over 180mph) and they seemed to be hard to even draft at times.

Once a Wanker.. and GixxerBlade like this.
  12. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

The rules state that for a restarted race the final classification is determined by the order of crossing the finish line and the number of laps completed. It says nothing about using elapsed time for classification, so IMO time penalties are meaningless with regard to classification.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Finally got a chance to watch it. Gutted for Hayes. I thought, "damn they all hung you out to dry letting you lead into the chicane, but you almost pulled it off". Hell of a ride Josh, we were all pulling for ya. :(

Great finish too Alex. P16, and top Canuck! Well done.

14. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

I’d love that. He is such a nice guy as well

ToofPic likes this.
  15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If the rules in any way state that a lap can somehow be made up under a red, it needs changed. Time penalties vs grid position penalties and racing incidents that drew those penalties aside, how the fuck do you just give a guy a lap while all the bikes are parked?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

JH4 was very frank in his post-race interview, he never saw the white flag and didn’t know it was the last lap! He was like, why is everyone letting me lead into the chicane, and then it hit him that it was the last lap and knew he was effed.

Love the guy and his self deprecating honesty.

KneeDragger_c69, Nathey, cBJr and 6 others like this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Mesa / Paris win was the highlight of the weekend in my opinion.

18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Sounds like they need to put an abacus on his dashboard......

Yeah, he's a really easy guy to like and cheer for. Such a stark contrast between Joshes.....

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

20. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

So everyone who completed at least 39 laps was put onto the lead lap? Strange rule but if it's in the books...