1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

I’m curious what his detractors think he should have done in that situation

Gino230 and rapidzrx like this.
  2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Looks like I made the right choice to golf today rather than get embroiled in this discussion

3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

4. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Seeing the replay a few times, It was an aggressive pass, but it was done. The penalty was not the right call, a penalty was not necessary.
    FYI- I'm not a Herrin fan, I tried really hard to say he F-ed up but; he didn't...

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Racing incident IMO.

TurboBlew, Jon Wilkens and rapidzrx like this.
  6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

JMO....I didn't see it as aggressive, maybe a bit semi-agressive, but definitely unexpected.....particularly at that time of the race. He gave his reason for it, and understandable...although I'd think we'd all agree it just seemed a bit early for it, but I wouldn't say there was no reason for it.

MELK-MAN and rapidzrx like this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

Idk. Richie was wide and Herrin went for it. It was tight but the line was there.

IMO Richie f’ed it up not Herrin.

jd41, backbone, Jon Wilkens and 5 others like this.
  9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah went wide,he should know you can't change lines like that.

10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yea...after thinking about it..I agree with all the last posters. Richie is definitely a ,no talent dirty riding prick! Poor Josh was riding his own race,probably thinking about saving baby seals...When BAM!! F-N Richie suicided himself into a racer that's known for great sportsmanship, and a cool level head. Im just thankful Richie didn't crash himself into more innocent arena cross riders,I mean moto america racers like Herrin.And don't even get me started on the penalty they put on the poor guy! How was he ever gonna make up those positions on a track that's damn near impossible to pass on! Praise Allah he somehow won,what should have been a gimme!

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Even Herrin said that was the line they have been using the whole race. He just wanted to see if you could go up the inside of it. Richie was on the line they had been using all race, he didn't change lines. Punishment was appropriate, and it was punishment. On a restart starting back in 7th wasn't a problem this time, but we have all seen how that can turn out differently if you are back in the pack and someone makes a mistake.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. ToofPic

I don't know why they even punished him at all to be honest? I don't know where Richie is use to riding like that? But we don't tolerate that here!!

13. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's exactly what I was trying to say thanks lol

ToofPic likes this.
  14. ToofPic

:crackup::crackup:

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How do I watch the race? I thought I had Mavtv but my $150 Directv package doesn’t carry it and out of principle I’m not paying a dime for it. Maybe next year they’ll get this shit on actual tv like a real sport.

JBall and The Todd like this.
  16. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

HATER!

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

It's premiered on Youtube just now.

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

How did Blake Davis finish ahead of Brandon Paasch, if they were both given 15 sec penalties? Paasch still got over the line before Davis..

MELK-MAN and Boom like this.
  19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member