1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I called them yesterday to check the status and got it today. I don’t think that did anything but they said 9 months and appears most people are 270-275 days

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Pretty sure they did say there would be an optics ready version though.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Steak Travis

4. Steak Travis

224 seems to be a bust. People have had accuracy issues.
    My brother likes his arc and is having good results but I wonder if Covid may have killed it. It was getting some good press then Covid and seems like it’s not as popular but SW just released an Ar chambered in it.

6.5 creed is here to stay

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Last spring I couldn’t sell an AR-10 6.5 cm for a couple months. It sold in an hour when I switched it to 308. Two weeks later two guys called looking for 6.5. I used a good scale the other day and found my AR 10 6.5 was only 7oz heavier than my 15. So the thermal is staying put on the 6.5 and not getting switched back when I’m out of hog territory. There will always be some new cartridge answering a question that wasn’t asked. If you don’t have something in that category it may be worthwhile going that direction but only after you see it marketed by a few common name firearm companies.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Kinda glad I bought my Bad Rock in 6.5 Creedmore. It's kind of a pricey round, but it's damned nice.

Cannot wait to do a PRS match again this year, or two, and show you all how REALLY bad I can do. LOL

7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What distances do you shoot at those

8. StaccatoFan

I think 700 yards is the furthest at the ranges Mason Dixon PRS shoots.

9. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s a poke
    You’ll have to school me on the bare necessities to try that game.

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

[​IMG]

12. Hmm, in that case I will give it a look when it comes out. Im not buying another EDC until I can see/feel the Canik MC9. But I do love all my HKs, and im sure their micro version will be nice.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

14. StaccatoFan

Heck. I just showed up the first time with a Savage Axxis II .308 with a Vortex 5x25-56 on it and gave it a try. Those guys are mad scientists with their ballistics apps on their phones and wind meters.

I did get a set of Leupold binocs afterwards for spotting. They’re on a tripod.

I completely sucked. And I had a great time. It’s like yoga with a rifle.

15. Steak Travis

my 18" 6.5 creed is 20.1 MOA up and just aim a little left or right for the wind and you'll be hitting on target. Easy peasy..ish . 750 is where I'd start to really have to think. 600 isn't too bad if it's calm but that can get a little dicey if the wind picks up with the shorter barrel.

16. Steak Travis

Dude behind me was picking up the same suppressor but he was putting it on his mp5 and everyone at the store knew who this guy was.

[​IMG]

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Looks like the perfect nightstand gun. I just ordered an OSS Rad 45 for my FNX. SS free tax stamp! That’s going to be my new bedside buddy.

18. Steak Travis

yeah I've got the 24 or something Rd mag too. a 45cal can would be good to have. My only 45 is a CMP 1911 which would be blasphemous to suppress.

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

20. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what made you go with the rad45?