1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Herrin didn’t make his case any better in that interview

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Herrin has an in pit chiropracter

Racing incident. 2 Josh potential podium

GixxerBlade likes this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It really felt like a dickhead move, but I can't see how he's not allowed to try that pass. If it was last lap, it would be clear that it was a good racing pass. I think the fact that they were so close, so far out in the lead, on a track where they were bound to be nose to tail at the finish, it felt like a stupid waste of risk.

KneeDragger_c69 and wsmc42 like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Herrin saying Ritchie has 10 or 15 hp. on him . C'mon man, really ? When you're on the biggest bike out there. :rolleyes:

I'm pulling for Hayes now. Go old man.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Lol. Ritchie stood his bike up and Herrin still collected him. Even if it is deemed just a "racing incident", it surely wasn't caused by Escalante.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Don’t tell me any racer wouldn’t have stuffed it in there. It’s racing not ballet dancing.

jd41, Gino230, grapemustard and 4 others like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

If I barge in on you like a dickhead, you're probably going to end up hitting my back tire as well....

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I don’t think Herrin cares about winning any friends in a race

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He probably meant torque.

10. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Herrin had the turn completed not like he needed a berm. Slightly dirty maybe in a 200mi race but its racing after all.

jd41, rapidzrx, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah because a 955cc V-twin don't have any. :confused:

Banditracer likes this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It's crazy that you can be a lap down and then have a legitimate chance to win the race.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Last lap, not then.

418 likes this.
  14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You think they detuned it so he could make the 200 miles? Herrin’s bike seemed pretty fast but Escalante’s bike seemed to come out of the turns faster

15. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Commentators = Confused

418 and GixxerBlade like this.
  16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

“He’s got 15 horsepower on me”..

-the guy running a Superbike in Supersport.

R1Racer99, BC and GixxerBlade like this.
  17. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

yea, but if you go 60.2km/h for a split second in pit lane you might as well ride it straight into the truck and go home. Dumb penalty, they should have a long lap like motogp with a designated area like a chicane on the infield apron you have to go through instead of tacking on 15 seconds on whatever your finishing time is.

R1Racer99, Sudowoodo and cBJr like this.
  18. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Only allowed to go for passes on the last lap now? It was a tight pass that happens in every middleweight race since beginning of time.

jd41, KNickers, grapemustard and 3 others like this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Awe come on now, you guys telling me that was a bad move? It doesn't matter if it's the first lap, the last lap, or anywhere in between. He has the right to make that pass, no?

You guys don't talk about the glory days of Mladin vs Spies, and Rossi vs Biaggi because they were out there playing nice. They were racing to win, all the time.

jd41, Gino230, Rance Taylor and 4 others like this.
  20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Ya'll know good and well if the roles were reversed ol Cry baby would be throwing an absolute shit fit right now!! I guess its daytona arena cross? Look at cry babys front wheel when he was making himself into a plow. Bet money he didnt take that line ever during this race

R1Racer99, Nathey, Brad and 5 others like this.