1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

In that case, you must have a few binary triggers huh? If I hadn't just ordered the new S&W carbine I'd totally jump on the PSA deal on a Franklin binary trigger in a nice billet lower with 2 mags for $500 right now.

2. Not yet. Ive been able to save the world thousands of times without one. But I think I might need one now though :D

3. Tristan

They make them for some of your PCC's too, but the package with the nice lower skips the pesky installation process.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I run one on my .300 blk and love it. Much faster target acquisition than an lpvo IMO

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The 6mm ARC sounds pretty impressive. Personally, I wouldn't bother with trying to do the 7.62x39 in an AR. I'd just do 300blk. Can do the same thing, but also do soooo much more. 110gr from the 300 can be a very strong hunting round. All of that coming from a reloader's perspective, which I seem to remember you are. I made up a 125gr FMJ round that chrono'd around 1950fps from an 8.5" barrel. I was blown away by my accuracy with it at 100y. With just a red dot (bench rest) I shot a fist sized group.

Steak Travis likes this.
  6. Tristan

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm pretty sure I heard bad things about their stuff...and you think buying their seconds will be a good deal?
    Too good to be true?
    I'd do as much research as I could before I potentially sent a hot round after a squib load or whatever.

In fairness, iirc, the ZincPoints I heard about were being sold by another loader/seller that got their supplies from ZincPoint and then marketed them as ZincPoint but were completely lacking in QC.
    $.2*/round is pretty damn cheap.

The other consideration is that it's a scam. All the info on the site looks like legit disclosures and a bunch of legalese to promote a feeling of legitimacy, but the payment page looks sketchy AF. If they ultimately ask you to VenMo the payment or some shit, even though there's a CC option, bail hard.
    Maybe plug in some faux CC info and see where the page takes you.

8. Tristan

I regularly see them listed on Ammoseek, if they were scammy the reviews should reflect it. No issues using my CC. I checked there after getting an email from Bereli that looked like a pretty good deal- Winchester 5.56 at 37 cents per but you had to deal with a rebate https://trk.klclick1.com/ls/click?u...KMTl3xTsgikzPdClze-2Fo1mLWaLxSgvJGmooLf7a5vG4

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

what magnifier are ya'll using. G43 looks like the top but hows the vortex 3x? Ordered the eotech RDS today

Fara likes this.
  10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I do not have an expensive setup, so just a Sig here. Some day I can see myself getting a much better setup for a light AR10 setup with a 5x.

11. fastfreddie

Okay, so it's not a scam. I've been scammed on AmmoSeek before, glorious reviews, too.

Are the reviews you're seeing addressing "seconds"? If not, and it were me, I'd use the gun I least care about when first firing at least a box worth (100rds) of that ammo. Since I only have one firearm in 5.56, I wouldn't be using it at all - meaning I will not have purchased it.
    YMMV

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-spear-lt.html
    checked it out at a store couple days ago, its a pricey sob but its man sexy. Very well made with smooth ergonomics especially with that adj gas block thats gonna be smooth as fuck. Pricey but what isnt pricey these days. Great hog hunting round and wayyyyy cheaper than 300blk.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've been interested in the 6mm ARC but have learned it's probably best to see what the industry adopts and runs with first. .224 valkyrie also looked super impressive a few years ago but best I can tell, just never really took off. Then you've got 6.5 CM which has only appeared to continue increasing in popularity. Just so hard to tell where the market will go but being one of the first to jump on board can have its drawbacks with limited parts and ammo availability.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I use the Vortex 3x behind the EoTech 512.
    https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-vmx-3t-red-dot-magnifier.html

They also have a military discount if you, or someone you know was military.

Steak Travis likes this.
  15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

78A1442F-8989-4F7C-B615-7F6968BF6BB5.jpeg This just came in. It feels front heavy but that may work out well. Trigger feels very good. The customer is somewhat new so I can’t ask to shoot it while waiting on MD to add to the roster but if he volunteers it like many do I’ll give a full report.

16. fastfreddie

Looks plastic.

17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Plastic fantastic!

In all fairness, my brother just got these and the two tone Shadow looks plastic to me....:D

4D79CFFA-780E-4498-AF0B-801AFDD2A828.jpeg

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Omega 9k approved today 6/4/22 to 3/11/23.

will pick up next week.

Jedb likes this.
  19. I just saw that HK is joining the "micro-compact" party. They are putting out a small version of VP9 to compete with the Hellcat, P365, etc.

But the one they displayed is only 10 rounds, and it isn't optic ready. So they are already behind in the game.

Razr likes this.
  20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

6/4 is consistent with my buddy’s that got approved 3/9
    I didn’t think they’d ever get through May

Steak Travis likes this.