1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Same friend with the ZEV. He has many Glocks with a few ZEV and Shadow.
    “The frame is very good, slide is good, trigger is meh but changeable. Optic cut is compatible with multiple red dots. Parts compatibility on the full size is kind of weird. It’s more like an upgraded Glock out the box and cheaper than upgrading a Glock.“

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

The size of the CR920 is more G43 than G43X. Make sure you handle one in person before you buy. I love the feel of the MR920 in the hand, but the CR grip is an abomination. Imagine gripping a Glock 43 while holding half of a golf ball in your strong hand. It's the worst grip I've ever felt. For reference, I wear Large to XL size gloves. That golf ball may fit perfectly into the palm of someone with tiny hands, but for normies it's just bad.

3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Yes, the Shadow systems are worth the price over regular Glocks. The larger 19/17 size frames have 1911 grip angles with nicer grip stippling. The slide is also cut significantly deeper with better slide serrations. Remember, Shadow Systems also has their gun replacement program where if you’re involved in a legally justified shooting incident, they’ll replace your firearm for free if it’s confiscated for evidence.

4. Yeah I was looking at that. They have different versions.

One is 15+1 and seems to be more G19 size. It has a 4" barrel. A 4" barrel and that capacity seems more like G19 to me (even though it says it fits the G43X/G48 holsters) .

Then they have a smaller one that is 13+1 capacity with a 3.4" barrel.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  5. Im still gonna try to hold off on anymore little guns till I see the new little Canik though.

Although I gotta admit, I was VERY impressed with the Ruger Max-9. It felt really good in my hand and is optic ready. If I hadnt JUST gotten the Boresight X-Macro, I would have gotten that Max-9 for sure. I liked it alot.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Time for some shot gun shopping.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

@Gorilla George
    Do you have any precision rifles, ones that are sub-caliber MOA?

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yall really think Chris has the patience required to make use of a precision rifle? :crackup:

Nick_OMC and Gorilla George like this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hmmm. Better make it a semi- action. Once he finds out they make 30rd mags all day long... :D

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

11. Nope. I operate with the spray-and-pray methodology. :D

12. Yeah I looked at the MR920, the smallest is a 4" barrel. It is based on the G19. I have a G19 and I personally think it is a little big for EDC (hard to conceal).

They have 2 different versions of the CR920. One of them appears to be more G43, and the other appears to be more G43X.

G43:
    Shadow Systems CR920 Combat Optic Ready 9mm Luger 3.41in Black Nitride Pistol - 10+1 Rounds | Sportsman's Warehouse (sportsmans.com)

G43X:
    Shadow Systems CR920 Combat Optic Ready 9mm Luger 3.41in Black Nitride Pistol - 13+1 Rounds | Sportsman's Warehouse (sportsmans.com)

I could be wrong, that is just based on the pictures. Ive never messed with one IRL.

13. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

The one you have labeled G43 has the bronze barrel but ships with a 10-round mag for restricted states. The G43x comes with the standard 13 round mag. Otherwise they are the same physical size. I haven't handled a CR920 personally but did quite a bit of research on their product line before buying the one I have. The CR920's do not have the interchangeable backstraps of the larger models.

I have an MR920 Elite and I've been happy with it. The interchangeable backstraps made the biggest difference as the standard Glock grip just doesn't work for me. The other upgrades are just icing on the cake. Put a Trijicon RMR on mine.

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Has anyone used a magnifier behind an eo tech?

is it worth a crap or does a lvpo or 2-10 do the job better. Thinking of this for my SBR that sits. I may take a carbine course or something where an eotech would be better but I still like to go to the farm and bring it along so some magnification is nice.

15. Not an EO-Tech, but FWIW I have used a magnifier behind my Romeo optic (on the Saint Victor Rifle) and I actually like it a lot. It flips up/down really quick and easy.

16. Ah ok, I gotcha. I was thinking the regular 43 had a shorter/fatter grip. But I reckon it just looks like that because of the 10-round mag.

I like the way my G43X fits my hand and shoots, but it isn't cut for an optic.

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yes and it’s good. As Chris said they flip out of the way and many also have a quick disconnect base to remove it entirely. Mine are 3x which seems to be common. For quick acquisition dots are king. Once distance grows and target size drops scopes will factor in. Where that point of transition will be varies per individual. For me 6” target passed a 100 yards I’m using a scope. But the magnifier’s will add distance and precision to any dot. Also dot MOA will factor in.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've got a dot and magnifier on my lightest build and that's why it has those. I also have two LPVOs and you might as well consider my 2-12 an LPVO. I believe the LPVO is king for the do it all ability. Its issue is all about weight IMO. If you're competing than yes, the pickup on the dot is faster, by the smallest fractions.

Of course, that also states that money isn't as big of a deal. The LPVO options are never ending and can get damn expensive.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Sweet. Yeah that sounds like the ticket. Gonna move my LVPO to my 16" AR and put a RDS and magnifier on the SBR. Considering making the 16" 6mm ARC or 7.62x39 or may just leave it as it is. My 6.8 SBR is my workhorse but this year I used the 223 and shot my biggest buck and a ton of pigs. Last time out I had pigs running so close I no scoped them, so a RDS might have worked but volume of fire at point blank range worked too.

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

LOL
    That’s the ticket!