1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

My braces don't restrict my mobility?

t500racer likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Because you probably have been in them for a long time. If they aren’t hindering any natural rotational movements I’d question if they were fit properly.

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Yup, if natural rotational movements aren't limited, then lower leg is still gonna twist inside the brace. I have no ACL in right knee, even with brace, I still tweak things from time to time. Hit a rut, root, rock just right and it twists the knee. Usually just enough to give me a limp for 3 days, but did tear calf muscle once. That sucks as much as original ACL injury.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I think we have different ideas of 'limited' or hindering. My brace does not hinder normal movement. It does stop movement PAST normal, and is adjustable to match it's limiters to my available range of motion.

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Are you riding technical enduro or mx?
    Braces absolutely limit some natural movement.

MX riders also aren’t wearing them on the bike for 5 and half hours straight. Different use cases.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm wearing mine for Supermoto and MX. They go on in the morning, come off at the end of the day along with the rest of my gear, typically from 9AM to 5pmish.

fastfreddie likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Riders were only allowed four laps before having to pit. And the Stark phone/VCU was still in beta.

Still, I’m not second-guessing my buy-in. Pretty gutsy for a startup to bring everyone out for a go.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

997DC5DE-5321-4EBE-BC10-FE50DBD38337.jpeg

Guess I’m an old guy. :D

renegade17, fastfreddie and G 97 like this.
  10. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I messed up MCL in December. Could not ride unless my foot never left the peg. Got a knee brace, it was like the injury never happened.

Monsterdood likes this.
  11. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

What brace? I've been using simple knee guards in the past but have been eyeing braces from Leatt and EVS. They both have options that add a lot off protection without much added bulk.

12. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

EVS Axis. First time wearing it thought it was annoying, but it didn't take long for it to become un-noticeable. Don't mine the braces at all now. Depending on your pants, it's annoying to get the pants on and off.

Looking at getting the alpinestars bionic 7s or 10s for next year. they're way less bulky than the EVS Axis

Monsterdood likes this.
  13. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Take a close look at the Asterisk Cell's. I bought a pair last year and they've been awesome. Super light weight and fairly minimalist.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We are moving on to the second phase of our down south dirt biking adventure. Sunday we did the Wild Boar GNCC. Unfortunately as someone with no experience riding the sand whoops, it took a toll on me and arm pump took me out early. In an effort to work on my technique, we hit Croom yesterday which matched the terrain from the race pretty closely and I managed to get about 4 hours in without my arms locking up. Croom was tough but we had a blast. I feel like if you trained most of the time at Croom, then everything else should be a piece of cake.

In Augusta, GA now getting ready for The General this weekend. We plan to ride somewhere tomorrow but not sure where yet. May head to Durhamtown or whatever they are calling it bid it now.

Oh and I bumped up to Husq. FC 350 over the winter and so far am loving it. I'm not sure how much use the Beta will get going forward. I'll probably just use it for hard enduro stuff. The 350 4-stroke is such a pleasure to ride and just does what I want it to do and goes where I point it. Also fits my size better.

turner38 and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Been needing to get out on my bike since forever. Guess I'm just officially old and now that guy that "doesn't have time". Anyone want a '17 Yamaha 450FX? Put brand new tires on it months ago and they haven't even seen dirt, let alone the driveway.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

What Beta do you have? @bEeR got a new 300 RR-race edition last year and has been loving it so far for the technical riding he typically does. It seems way easier to maneuver at low speed, possibly because of how much shorter it is than my KTM500. I've only ridden his Beta around the yard, so I'm not sure how I'd like it on trail yet. I do know that I'm naturally terrible at climbing when the surface is slick. I wouldn't mind have a cheater bike to help me climb better, but I still want to be able to have fun riding at speed. My 500 loves it when the pace picks up.

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I have the 200RR and I'm a bigger guy. I rode it all last year in varied terrain. It was fun but frustrating at times. It is light and nimble but a very "busy" bike to ride. Despite spending a pretty penny to have the suspension redone, I just never was able to get a great feel on it. I had a deposit down on a 23 Beta 300 Race Edition, thinking the extra chassis size and power would benefit me, but while waiting for the bike I had an opportunity to ride a few 350's in tough conditions and I absolutely loved it. It absolutely feels like a cheater bike and I don't even have the Rekluse that so many do. Plenty of power whenever I need it and I can ride through pretty much any terrain and it eats it up. Not sure if it is my size that doesn't mesh with the 200 or my riding style. I learned a lot riding it, but that experience makes really appreciate my current ride even more.

cBJr likes this.
  18. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I couldn't imagine switching back to a 4 stroke after riding a 300 2 stroke. It makes riding technical terrain so much easier for me.

I struggled on a 450 for 1.5 years and switched to a 300 last year. I couldn't imagine going back.

TurboBlew and cBJr like this.
  19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

350 w rekluse lets my no talent self have a lot of fun. I also love the stegs pegs. I added half skateboard wheels to get a more locked in effect. (your boots and pants choice make a difference )
    s.jpg

20. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

My buddy has the steg pegs on his 350 as well and they definitely allow you to really lock into the bike. I haven't really found the need for the Rekluse yet. I've ridden a few bikes with them and it is nice to not have to worry about stalling but that has really only been an issue for me once I start getting tired and my clutch hand gets a little lazy.