1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to me anyway) bike added to the stable this past weekend.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I know how tall you are. I can't imagine, at your age, that contorting yourself so as to fit on this beauty is something you would enjoy. My wrists are hurting just thinking about it.

Beautiful bike though!

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I love the twins and the RC51 is definitely on my list of bikes i'd like to have in the collection. That one is tits!

Twins life baby.
    twins2.jpg

twins1.jpg

Gino230, sdg, ToofPic and 1 other person like this.
  3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I need more details! I need to see said bike.

stickboy274 likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha

You're 100% correct Clay....I can't ride it for very long. But I can manage for 20-30 minutes at a time.

Not going to lie, this one is mostly going to be garage art.

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Loving the Gen3 Tuono....I've been hooked on twins lately myself. Need to upload my latest.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Now you need a really nice '98 TL1000R to split them....(I may know where one is... :) )

ToofPic likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I think i've seen it on here before but you should post up a pic so we all have something to stare at this afternoon

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Picked this up late last year. Only 3900 miles. The Akro pipe is a bit obnoxious, but man, this thing is a rocket.
    upload_2023-3-8_13-9-19.jpeg

Gino230, AJ, ClemsonsR6 and 5 others like this.
  9. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

I've looked all over the US for an SP2 in black but almost impossible to find in good shape. The one I did find last year sold immediately. Was only the last 2 years I believe so not as many produced?

Name your price if you have one in the stable. :Poke:

RC51.png

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RC51s have always been my favorite grizzly bear bike.

Congrats. :beer:

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh dang o_O

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have a friend in Idaho who has a mint 06 black with Ohlins, Sato... I was with him when he bought it with 0 miles. If you're serious I can put you in touch.

I sent him this thread earlier and he sent me this. I'm certain he will quote you a price :D

[​IMG]

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Gots them fancy wheels too

14. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Sent you a message with my info. See what kind of quote I can get lol.

I've seen 5k up to 18k listed on marketplace, so likely won't be shocked.

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wonder what happened to the railroad car full of RC51s that were stolen back in the day.

Also - seems most here don't recall what a POS bike it was for its time. Unless you had HRC technology and $$$ to make it a decent race bike in AMA Superbike.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

My Gen2 Tuono is a POS, but intoxicating nonetheless. It's not always about competency.

17. G2G

G2G I feel the need

RC51.jpg
    Wanna trade for an RC51? I have radial brembo brake conversion done to it now with RCS 19 and new brake lines new OEM clutch lever new grips and bar ends. Previous owner had cheap levers and grips from ebay that made me puke so I ripped them off.

Britt likes this.
  18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I worked at a bike shop when these first came out.I absolutely fell in love with the thing.I rode one,and not so much love.I also rode the first TL1k we got too,and it was a complete unrideable pig to me. I can still appreciate them both and love the looks. Years later I was walking through the shop owners uncrated warehouse,and he kinda laughed noticing he still had a new in the crate RC 51.I about fainted,and he just giggled and told the set up guy to dig it out and put it together. I still lust after a RC 30,impractical,over priced,but I would kick my mother down a flight of stairs to get one

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I remember 2 being put together at Mike Velasco's shop... both builds were close to $50,000 when they were finished.
    Alot of loot was spent on removing "heft"

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Beautiful machines, HRC stampings all over the engine. Without too much modification capable of running 205mph.

cpettit and Clay like this.