1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog Advice Please

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxernaut, Feb 28, 2023.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Male dogs often show dominance over other male dogs by mounting them, you could try that.

backho likes this.
  2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Female dogs will do that too, even to male dogs.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

You guys think I can try this at work?

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Do this. But beware, with his already established behavior he will try to resist or fight you. It has to happen IMMEDIATELY when he fucks around. you have to instinctively react, not try and discipline him verbally first. He needs to know that you are ready and willing to FUCK HIM UP if it comes down to it. I’m not saying to fuck him up just grab him by the neck with your fingers daggered into it and quickly and aggressively put him on the ground while staring at him in the eyes and hold him there until he gives in. You’ll know when he does. From that point forward do not let him walk in front of you. Do not let him run to the door first when coming home if he’s off leash. Do not let him free feed. and do not let him stand over you while you’re laying down or on the couch. And do not let him put his face into yours. 1-2 word commands only, and you only say them once with authority and stare at him until he obeys.

I can walk my dog without a leash anywhere. He stops when I tell him to stop and crosses when I say go. I can even ride a scooter through the city with him following me in lock step. And leave him sitting outside of a cvs unleashed and he’ll be right there at attention when I come out. Because he knows who’s boss and he knows good boys get love. Dogs are hierarchical by nature. There needs to be a clearly established dominance with males.

six6two likes this.
  5. lopitt85

You can't do that. That'll make him fearful and youll hurt his feelings. You have to sit him down and explain why what he's doing is wrong. Then get him a doggy therapist, and meds, lots of meds to mellow him out. The meds may upset his stomach, so you'll need to get him a special organic vegan doggy diet. If that doesn't fully fix it, then add in some meds for his stomach.

[End Sarcasm] :crackup:

tl1098, cbush and pickled egg like this.
  6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah right sounds, like you're a closet Dominatrix

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Does this dog, by any chance, like to sleep under the coffee table?

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

shoulda seen that one coming :crackup:

Yzasserina likes this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I might have been around a couple of dogs in my time, and one thing that is empirically true in those interactions:

The ones that spout the loudest trying to convince you they're Alpha are the Betas. Don't get me wrong, Betas have sharp ass teeth, but the Alpha-est dog I ever met, I don't even think I ever saw dude more than lip twitch. Dozens of rescue fosters, HUNDREDS of daycare dogs this guy interacted with. Every. Damn. One. simply recognized he was The Dog. He could walk into a doggie daycare yard with 50 dogs in it. The moment he went through the gate, the dynamic shifted. No overt head pissing, Alpha-rolling required. Alpha isn't how you act. It's inherently who you are.

Dog taught me a lot.

RIP Zeus.

[​IMG]

six6two, nowayout and Yzasserina like this.
  10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Ever notice how people with asshole kids also have asshole dogs.

11. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

Best comment yet

12. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Weird how that would happen. Can’t be a thing and they must not pin thier kids , sorry, I meant dog on the floor and bite them for 10 min.

Jesus humans are a screwed up group of beings.

Another thing I find funny is that a reality show guy couldn’t possibly understand dog training. Cuz you know, reality show people are all fake and just in it for the money. Wait, didn’t ………..

13. lopitt85

:crackup::crackup::crackup::flag:

14. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Dog whisperers. No coercion, just the connection.
    Check out the dog agility trainers. Or freestyle (dancing with dogs) where the dogs read their hand position for direction.
    Some of them wimmins, when they go into a kennel, EVERY dog sits down, and shuts up.
    Shelter-Rescue folks do amazing things as they seem intuitive on what each dog wants & needs. Read about “Ruby the survivor” here ... page 8 & 9 of the current issue.
    http://www.dobiesandlittlepawsrescue.org/spring23finalcolor.pdf

auminer likes this.
  15. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

CrackerJack in the videos thread