1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Here's entertainment on point...

2. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

im not gonna recommend something ive never tried :) and i still use this. I dont know the melting point of it as ive never taken it off right after a mag dump but used it many times when its still hot and i need to wrap shit up. I use it to take it off then drop it in and done

Triple X likes this.
  4. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Modtac suppressor covers. It’s a cleaver design that I’ve found to be much better than messing with fabric covers. I use them on my PRS/long range rifle (TBAC can) and carbines (Surefire RC2). Much better at keeping mirage down for precision. The carbine mounts help to avoid accidental burns and I like them better under NVGs.

https://modtac.us/

Clay likes this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Never seen those before. Cool idea!!! I think I may have to get me one.

wera313 likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

So I went to a new to me gun store today north if Balmer called Duffys Gun Room. I dig the place.

They had a Canik Rival S. I liked it, but not enough to buy it. If I didn’t already have a Rival. Then yes. I would have bought it.

I did fondle an HK VP9 though that I liked. Hmmmmmm….

7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So now we have cock rings for cans, awesome...:flag:

fastfreddie likes this.
  8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'm Bob and I'm a gunaholic, its been 3 days since I last bought a gun, it had been ten days before that. Its been hell since my sponsor's went to Shot show and began posting YouTube videos. The struggle is real. Don't pity or pray for me, but... maybe drop by my Go Fund Me page to help me with my recovery.

After our next meeting at the Manatee Gun Club tomorrow, I plan on a cleanse consisting of .308 Henry Long Ranger Deluxe with a .44 Rossi R92 chaser.

9. That is kinda my thinking also. I haven't seen a Rival-S in person, but watched videos on them. If I didn't have a Rival, I would get one. But I can't see it being drastically different than the standard Rival.

Similar situation to the S&W Competitor 2.0 Metal I just bought. They make a "non-metal" version of the same gun. If I had it, I wouldn't have went for the Metal. But I didn't have one at all, so I went with the Metal.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody see that outlaw review on the lever action Ar style 9mm? I was really excited when I seen it and was sitting down watching the vid, and man did it disappoint. I really wanted to call my guy up after the video and order one but he changed my mine.

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

It’s like Punisher and Mrs Walton had an illegitimate bastard child. Just can’t wrap my head around it.

Tristan likes this.
  12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

sending my APEX trigger back for the MP shield. Watched the install video and I need to buy a new bench vise to do it easily. Not interested in the gun that much to be spending trigger cost, plus vise.. which I need anyway eventually, plus time.

13. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've done 3 sears, 3 plunger assemblies, and 2 triggers without using a vice at all. easy schmeezy.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Somebody educate me on obtaining and keeping an FFL, the basics. I asked over at phil's place got directed to some useful information on arfcom, but still feel like there's a lot I dont understand yet. Awhile back, I had looked a bit into obtaining an 07 but at the moment don't really have the means to experiment/manufacture the way I'd like so for now, it would just be a side hustle selling firearms out of my house.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I was annoyed to learn that I need to use an FFL to ship my Taurus back to the mfg. for warranty service (long guns no problem to ship without one). Does this mean it will be considered a "transfer" in both directions (and 2x transfer fees)?

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

yeah it's probably not that hard and they just say use a vise because people are morons I'm assuming but I think I found my limit on give a crap about the shield and it's apparently $170 hah. I just was like ugh I don't care about it that much to figure this out and I'll take the 170 and put it toward some ammo

17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Got to tell you, I love this thread for pearls like yours....
    87F91A5B-309D-4753-866F-F849B730251F.jpeg

40AD30AC-224B-4121-8FCC-53D63516EAB2.jpeg

Worked like a charm!:beer:

Also, a while back someone asked if cans on pistols are "gimmicky" and I said I was siding with that they were at the time....today got sold on their utility and that they're not....definitely getting more pistol cans.

Gorilla George and Triple X like this.
  18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

No its not considered a transfer. Taurus can just mail it right back to your house. FFL's and Mfgrs can ship handguns via USPS, everyone else cant. Fed Ex and UPS just decided to fuck everyone over with their new "rules" of only allowing FFL's to ship firearms.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Perfect, thanks

20. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Totally understand that. My shield went from my $250, reliable, carry piece to a $750 holosun, Apex parts and TLR-6 havin' carry piece..

If you change your mind, just get the sear and polish the firing pin plunger radius. for about $40 you'll be pretty happy, I'm guessing.