1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

this rule as stated is the NEW RULE. the old rule didnt have an age, and no wording about legal guardian, or to make the claimant anonymous.

if you read, watched all of the info that came out about this, you would know, the motor builder did not put up the money, and was just with the kid to make the claim, due to dad being on the opposite side of the ranch property while watching his son's moto, and only having 30 minutes to file the claim.

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Lots of folks need to go back to RIF...

This rule has been around the MX Sports Amateur National MX races for many years, specifically when it comes to racing at Loretta Lynns ranch. Most are very cognizant of the claiming rule, and the reason (to attempt to keep costs down, and to level the playing field for AMATEUR racing and up and coming kids). It has been modified in the current rule book to make it easier to understand and to clarify a few things that went wrong this past year.

If you are really bored here is the link to the full rules packages for racing in the MX Sports Amateur national races.

https://mxsports.com/supplemental-rules

Includes the general AMA amateur rules, MX Sports rules, and a few others for good measure. Also a chart showing what is different between the limited and modified classes.

Again, the whole point of the claiming rule IN AMATEUR MX RACING was to have a somewhat level playing field for the younger and up and coming racers. How good of a rider is the person, not how good is their bike (within reason). Now that there is a LOT of money in this area, more and more money is being thrown at the kids and the bikes are getting to be more and more "out of hand" with factory rigs/backing, suspension, motors, etc. As a former tire guy that supported some racers there, I noticed that they have added that tires have to be factory available specs.

Hopefully with more light being shown on this aspect of the racing at LL, the level of "support" will hopefully drop back to normal levels. The cream will still rise to the top, but the runaway spending AT THE AMATEUR LEVEL will possibly slow down.

Just to reiterate, the claiming rule is specific to the MX Sports Loretta Lynn series of races. If you want to race your local races or even national races with your $75k bike, knock yourself out. The LL MX Sports races are specifically to showcase up and coming talent in the ranks, not an all out spending war for the most trick bikes you can get from your sponsors.

(and if you've gotten this far, RIF is "reading is fundamental", not "reduction in force". :))

SpeedyE and ToofPic like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Learn to recognise when you're being trolled.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I highly doubt it. Regardless, I wouldn't be that guy...on either end.

5. skidooboy

Not just for Loretta's, if you read it, it states all ama sanctioned amateur events. so could be in play at local, district, and national sanctioned events. Ski

gt#179 likes this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Freddie, you would have loved the 24 hours of Lemons race with the supposed $500 cars. Every weekend the fans voted one car to go into the crusher at the end of the event. I believe they had a big metal fire breathing dinosaur that would do the honors. Yes, seriously.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

Destruction of manmade objects is a fascination unto itself.
    I really dig the shredders that just chew things to pieces, like some unstoppable predator devouring its prey that seemingly beg for mercy. Real horror show.:crackup:

Ever seen Stephen King's "The Mangler"?

8. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I wasn't trolling him, not my thing. I was more being sarcastic but it's all good. I can't believe we are still talking about this though. The kid got his 15 minutes of fame and a free KTM out of the deal while not having to spend a dime. I hope to see him line up at A1 next year and see what he's got. LoL. That last statement was sarcasm again in case anyone missed it.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that a while ago. It was getting too messy. There was a $500 claiming rule, but only the Judges could claim a car and they only claimed two cars in Lemons history. They liked the bribes, though. The last time I think the Judges took it out on a car, it was Flying Chicken Racing. A bunch of SCCA ringers with a Spec Miata. They had a half assed theme and didn't BS very well at Tech and BS, so they got a bunch of penalty laps. They were flying around the paddock area, and if you thought Tommy Blanchette got pissed about that, Jay Lamm made him look like a pussycat. They drove like idiots trying to make up their penalty laps and were ordered to the Lincoln Welding building and directed to remove their roof. There was a bucket of manure waiting to be dumped on it, but they pussied out, loaded their trailer and bugged out, earning a lifetime ban.

[​IMG]

Gino230 likes this.
  10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I was told they stopped crushing them because people were getting upset. You can search it on youtube and find videos of them picking cars up and dropping them. Its awesome

11. Johnny B

It was before my time, (I was the Starter at the last Loudon Annoying in 2013, and every Halloween Hooptiefest from 2013 to the present.) but I think the issue was that the voting was getting a little random. Screw ups were normally picked because they were pissing people off, and the judges were good with that. But more and more it was just a bunch of people picking somebody just for the hell of it.
    Also bear in mind that there is no price cap on safety modifications, and Head Tech Inspector John Pagel is extremely strict about them, especially roll cages. Expect to pay a few thousand dollars for a cage that he'll pass. These are far from $500 cars.
    We still have fun dealing with the screw ups.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  12. skidooboy

WOW, talk about thread de-railure's. Ski

13. fastfreddie

So, my roll cage has to be good, the harness bar has to be good, the seat and harness have to be good. All these are tied into the frame - which has to be good, which tied into the suspension and drivetrain - which have to be good, which...

Is that kinda how it goes? :D

14. Johnny B

Fair assessment. I know if a bend in the roll bar flattens too much, John will toss you right out of Tech. Same if he doesn't like how or where it's welded to the floor.

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He said he panicked. :rolleyes:

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Is that Cole Forbes?

20. fastfreddie

It's not like he pulled a holeshot on the guy.
    What was he to do, make an immediate swerve, in which direction, and possibly get ass-packed? If he took the time to completely stop, without looking to see who might be behind him, he could still have been ass-packed. Conversely, if he took any time to look behind him, he would have hit the guy on the ground anyway. Might as well ride over him. At least he was kind enough to loft the front a bit and not do a burnout on the guy. I'm okay with this one...racing incident.

The one where one of our members was used as a burnout pit, I'm not okay with that one, at all.

sdg likes this.