1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I have a fenix 7 and I agree it’s pretty rad! I wear mine when I’m home or working on the bike and when I race and ride my mountain bike. I occasionally wear it during the week at work but I still prefer a mechanical for the day to day stuff. It’s crazy all the stuff they measure and keep track of.

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The technology for the money is mind boggling.

I don't want to own a smart watch but there's no denying they're a cool tool.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Same and I never see that changing.

I’m pretty stubborn about tech. On backcountry hunts I’ve thought many times how nice my garmin would be to reference elevation. I still navigate with map and compass, so cross-referencing terrain lines with the elevation displayed on my wrist would save a ton of time.

Can’t do it though. It’s mechanical always.
    It’s been a while since I’ve had the itch but the other tab on my browser right now is Jomashop. I can’t stop looking at the Expedition Jacques Cousteau aquatimer.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My main lust after is an older aquatimer Cousteau. Not going into it further because I don’t need you all driving up the costs more in an already over inflated market after stupid Mayer double and tripled the “value.” :D

Ehat should have been a sub $2K watch is now (last I looked) being snapped up for over $3K and rising.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

This is the one I have my eye on. Not sure why I like it but that’s usually the case. It’s actually moderately affordable in context.

Attached Files:

trussdude and SteveThompson like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love the new one but I one I go ape over is the old 354806. Just looked and they are approaching $9k so, I’m out.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Fuck out of here. It’s a dope watch but come on.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, when I looked a year or so back, $4500 - $5K with box, papers and almost new condition. “Eh, I’ll wait for the market to go cold and jump on one when it goes sub $2500.”
    I kept thinking the same for a Pepsi (I’ll grab one at $5k). Never gonna happen and I missed the gmt Pepsi bus forever. :-(

ChemGuy and JBraun like this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That’s why I jumped on 16570 Explorer 2 when I saw it with the “yen” discount. I doubt we’ll see some of these watches back to 2010 pricing

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I like that one a lot.

JBraun likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I kept yapping that explorer II were under priced at $3500 used and “you” should grab one. I finally took my own advice and went looking for one a few months back.

No!

12. ChemGuy

I dont want to tell you what this one cost in USD...but it didnt start with a 7...or an 8....:D:D:D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What’s a metal bezel sub with box and papers selling for? Black face, black bezel A-/B+ condition?

I hate ask about Daytonas.

14. ChemGuy

Probably 8.5-9.5.

I think Daytonas are still pretty high.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I was flipping. . . F@ck, wish I had just socked away a few gmts. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. I just picked up an Amazafit GTR as my Garmin is about 4 years old and tech has come a long way. I don’t want to get my emails on a watch, etc and went with this because it’s pretty modular and easy to swap the outer case and band. Takes a standard 22mm band so can wear it all the time except when I choose to wear a real watch. I just wanted a new watch to track workouts more than anything and people I’ve talked to that have these and have had other brands swear by them. It’s damn accurate heart rate wise when comparing it with my other watch that has a chest strap as well. Great value at $200 IMO.

17. I have a Portugiuser and it’s my favorite watch by far, not the most valuable just my favorite one. I’m an IWC guy, I like plain and simple watches and prefer the color and tone IWC uses on their white face watches.

JBraun, trussdude and ChemGuy like this.
  18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested in a James Cameron, may want to reach out to your AD. I've had 2 different dealers call me within the last week saying they have one available.
    I may kick myself in the ass, but I turned them both down. In the position I'm in right now, I'd have to dump my DD (Exp II) to get it and having had a short test drive with one, I don't think I'd like it as a DD.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Been out of the loop on Rolex for a few years so had to look up the JC. It doesn’t excite me.

20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If your explorer ii is looking for a new home you can always send me a PM

ChemGuy likes this.