1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Powersports Industry & M/C Roadracing

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The issue is/was that many ATV/SxS/UTV tire companies won't or refuse to report the data to the MIC so...

2. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

What's your go-to on these?

3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

What type of machine and terrain?

4. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I was asking more generally, like what brand(s) are being asked for or preferred by you.

5. Spooner

I do a ton of Roxzilla’s, M1 evils, BFG’s, and moose tires. There’s a big mix but those are the heavy hitters.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I love Avon’s ST series of tires. I’ve put them on everything, the last ~25yrs. IIRC, their Azaro AV35/36 combo was the start, which went onto my 900SS. I have their Storms on my VFR. Their TrailRider ADV tires were better than the Anakee III’s I last spooned onto my Tiger. Looks like I need to order some tires, if I can find them. Sad news.

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

8. Spooner

They must have taken massive losses on that sale. Hope this works out for them but I bet they clean house over there asap.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Once they were the best but I'm not sure if another mega big Powersports distributor is needed in the current market conditions. But we'll see if they keep Dainese and Forcite helmets in the catalog in the future.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

This comes from Dakota News Now about Sturgis

Rally organizers, who saw attendance fall dramatically and then taper off since the seminal 75th rally set a record of roughly 750,000 rally-goers in 2015, have been trying for several years to build interest in the event and the motorcycling lifestyle among a more diversified audience beyond the middle-aged white men who dominate the rally now.

Attendance at the annual August event, which generated an estimated $785 million last year in overall revenue for the city and state, has dropped by a third since the 75th and fell by more than 9% from 550,000 in 2021 to 505,000 in 2022, according to estimates. More bad news arrived on Aug. 8 when the South Dakota Department of Transportation reported that traffic entering Sturgis during the first four days of the 2023 rally was down more than 16% compared with the 5-year average. DOT said that 194,851 vehicles were counted entering Sturgis at nine locations so far this year, compared with the five-year average of 232,353 vehicles.

Without question, the rally remains a major U.S. and even global tourism event and a draw for hundreds of thousands of visitors who this year once again fill streets, restaurants, campgrounds and hotels across the Black Hills region. But with strategies ranging from subtle to overt, rally officials have sought to increase attendance, especially among new audiences. They are trying to attract young adults, women, foreigners, ethnic and racial minorities and people who don’t ride motorcycles. The goal is to build a future beyond the current aging attendees who someday will permanently park their Harleys. So far, there is no single path forward to preserve the long-term future of the 10-day annual rally, now in its 83rd rendition.

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

After 70+ years, guys finally realized that there wasn't much poon' worth chasing in a town full of tattoos, sunburn and old dudes.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Funny I just stayed in a cabin neighborhood in Blairsville, GA setup for the V twin/motorcycling set. All had standalone single car garages big enough for 8 dirtbikes or 4 sportbikes or 2 cruisers.
    I was told the hotel restaurant/bar onsite was quite the scene with locals when it was open ~9 months ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023