1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need 1989 gsxr advice asap

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Jan 28, 2023.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yes, 93 was the first year of the 750 waterpumpers in the US. I bought one :D. Heavy as fuck but great looking, and a cool 93 gixxer.jpg one year only asymmetrical swingarm

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You could just give me your slabside? I believe the kids are calling them? :Poke::D

Brad likes this.
  3. ToofPic

Ive got some old vhs tapes converted over from handy cams.Friends of mine did a yearly one of Blood mnt.and the loop.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, I thought that the 93 had the blue forks…

5. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

My GOD was the 92 GSXR s boat anchor.
    They weighed in at a mind boggling 550 lbs! That was ZX750 weight .lol
    That was nuts..My 89' FZR1000 was 530 wet...off the showroom floor and weighed about 490 after a parts bin diet...lol
    But they did did look good then, all the sport bikes were just golden w character to each manufacturer.

Now they all may as well be the same machines w stickers... Out side of a Aprilia, I wouldn't trade any 80s-90s bikes...no way.
    Not arguing performance...new bikes are awesome...there just dead to the senses & eyes.

6. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I had a 1992 model. It taught me how to do heli-coils. and how to shoot myself in the face with fork oil. Other than that, I really didn't like it.

but man, i kinda wish I had it now....

7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Suzuki sure did have a longstanding corporate culture of putrid color schemes. Some of the early 70's models would literally make you vomit if you got close enough to distinquish the main and trim colors. Honda came close with the VTR250 tho'.

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Nope, that was the 94's in the US. Also, that was the year of the putrid silver and salmon color scheme!!

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You take that back. The baby interceptor was awesome. Chicks really dug it.

10. ToofPic

It was harder to find a bike in the 90' s that didn't have a crazy candy fluorescent color
    Except for that Dookie brown 750 my buddy had,trimmed in gold.
    Wish I had one now

Suzuki GSXR750 96  1.jpg

fastedyamaha likes this.
  11. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

You people are way too off topic!
    Have you taken possession of the original post subject?

12. ToofPic

Not until this weekend.
    I couldn't get a time he could be home.

13. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Had that one too....I've had just about every GSXR since '92....Then Aprilia came into my life in 2017 and i've had/have 3 of them.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That was actually a limited edition color, looks way better in person.

15. ToofPic

My friend had one,and the silver/salmon colored one too.Crashed the salmon one,and blamed it on a rabbit..
    We all knew there was no rabbit,and still bring it up to bust his balls to this day!

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My SIL's totaled Toyota truck was caused by a squirrel :rolleyes:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, so then I think I was wrong when I said that the 93 was the first liquid cooled. I think it was the bike with the blue forks, so the 94. But I suppose I could be wrong on that too. Could be the 92. But not the 93. They were on the two-year product cycle in the 90s.
    Dealer lied to me in December 95 when the first ones arrived in Philadelphia and told me he had no idea how many months it would be before he would get the white/blue ones. So I got that abomination. I don't think we got to the end of January 96 before my friend that the good colors. I was pissed. :mad:

I destroyed my in May and the whole damn country was sold out. My 97 was white and blue. :D But noticeably slower than the 96 freak (I didn't make it to the recall).

ToofPic and Razr like this.
  18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

19. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Who still makes the 88 bodywork? When I raced mine in the late 90's I had to use the 91 stuff. I'd love to be able to use that again on my old 88

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Airtech has it I believe.

ToofPic, trussdude and backbone like this.