1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC1 DOT - Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kevin Molina, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Kevin Molina

Kevin Molina Member

Having trouble sourcing these tires out in California.

This website sells em, but not out in CA.
    https://www.motodracing.com/pirelli-diablo-supercorsa-sc1-v3-54w-front-110-70

Looking for 110/70/17 and 140/70/17. Rocking the SC1 front and SC2 rear, but wanted to switch to both SC1 and cannot find these tires out here. Did they discontinue them or something?

They're not the slicks, they're the DOT tire. Any advice?

Contacted a Pirelli vendor out here and my local mechanic and they only have the harder TDs

2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Cory at CT race tires

deweytheduc likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

As stated elsewhere the SC1&2 DOTs were discontinued I think 5 years ago or more. The main reason was trackday and racers stopped buying them, and race orgs stopped requiring them for supersport classes.

A bit of the back story. The idea long ago was that if spectators saw their same street bike racing and it had DOT treaded tires on it that would help said spectator get excited about motorcycles, build rivalries with their friends on other brands of bikes and tires, kinda like NASCAR. And yes maybe even convince the street riders to start roadracing. And at one point the race orgs required a headlight sticker to help reinforce the "street" concept. It all started to change when Pirelli brought in the MT60, a DOT approved radial with a rain/dirt trackish tread pattern. Since nobody else could compete in the rain (hint, hint) race orgs started by allowing full rains to be used, and so it goes...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Kevin Molina

Kevin Molina Member

Oh my it's been awhile since I've bought tires for sure.

I ride a 300 and wait.. it was your post!!

https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/pirelli-tire-selection.353239/

I loved this post. I was basically following this and looking to pick up another set.

I fell under the 300cc bike category so it was difficult to find advice for my bike. Thank you for that post!!!!

What tire are people using to replace them for the 300s that you've seen? I keep seeing the TDs recommended, but they use the SC3 compound and I've really not had a problem with wear on the SC1/2.

5. gixxerboy55

Why not slicks, same compound.

6. gixxerboy55

What kinda riding.

7. Kevin Molina

Kevin Molina Member

Yeah that's a fair question.

C group rider, trackdays only. Probably do some go kart tracks too eventually.
    I own warmers if it matters.

I was just going to kind of re-buy the last set of tires that came on my bike when I bought it (switching out the SC2 DOT rear for the SC1 DOT, though).

I don't really imagine I have the pace for slicks. The DOT SC1/2 do not wear fast at all on a 300 in my experience, so the newer Pirelli TDs (SC3 compound) seemed like a waste. I was very happy with the SC1 DOT front and SC2 DOT rear, so basically just if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't have a good reason why not to use slicks, but I just feel like slicks and C group is kind of wonky

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I think I updated that post after the DOTs were discontinued, but maybe I forgot? So, the SC3 is the next logical choice. In the olden days we raced the Rosso IIs in the CBR250 series in CSBK, and they raced them in Europe too. There is a Supercorsa DOT in the SP version as an option, and the new Rosso IV.

Kevin Molina likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Why not try a set of take off slicks to gauge what to do next?

10. Kevin Molina

Kevin Molina Member

Aren't slicks made for the fast folks?

I'm going fast enough to give some of the 600s in C group a run for their money, but certainly not winning any trophies anytime soon haha.

Honest question, not tongue in cheek. I'm a total rookie here and I know the C group slicks are kind of a running joke. Seems like tires are cheap enough across the board that it makes sense to go with whatever is "better" (And that my slow pace can keep sufficiently warm).

I don't own a second set of wheels, so swapping to rain tires aren't on the menu, but Southern California doesn't rain that much.

I am disappointed they discontinued the SC1 DOTs though. I know it probably wasn't a big market, but damn.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Slicks are really no different than a DOT race tire in many aspects, they need to heat/warm up time to work better, and you do that with warmers and or riding. Simply there isn't a wide range of compounds offered for small bikes because they don't have the speed/horsepower to take advantage of them.

And since you're dicing with 600s and the SC1 compound in DOTs are very close to the slick SC1 give the slicks a try. Grab a set of nice takeoffs from CT or their sub(s) or try a set of SC3s DOTs, you have options.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Eventually this year the new Version 4 Diablo Supercorsa DOT V4 SC3 trackday tires will replace the current V3 DOT SC3s.

13. Kevin Molina

Kevin Molina Member

I ended up grabbing the V3 DOT SC3s. These thing will probably last me until they come out with the V5 haha. Good ol 300 :)

Thank you again

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC1 DOT tire is a high-performance motorcycle tire designed for track use. If you are looking to buy a set of these tires, you can find them at a number of different places, including:

• Motorcycle dealerships: Many motorcycle dealerships carry Pirelli tires and can order the Diablo Supercorsa SC1 DOT for you.

• Online retailers: There are many online retailers that specialize in motorcycle tires and gear, such as RevZilla, J&P Cycles, and Motorcycle Superstore. You can search for the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC1 DOT on these websites to find a retailer that carries the tire and offers shipping to your location.

• Tire specialty shops: Some local tire shops may also carry Pirelli tires, including the Diablo Supercorsa SC1 DOT. You can check with your local tire shops to see if they have the tire in stock or can order it for you.
    It's always a good idea to compare prices and shipping options before making a purchase, and to ensure that you are buying the correct tire size for your motorcycle.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Post up a link please to help OP

16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

The website is saying the new V4 SC is not usable on the street, where as the V3 SC was. So if I want a 90/10 track/street tire that I can still use for a short commute, I have to go with the V4 SP?

Looking to replace the Power Cup 2. Longevity is not a concern, just want something that I can ride hard when the tire is new, and still do my little 5 mile commute on. Fast expert pace on track.

17. gixxerboy55

What do you mean you can't use it on the street, I know guys that ride to work on slicks. So. Ca.

18. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that the SC3 (emphasis on 3) is a street compound tire. The SC1 and SC2 are race compound not suitable for street.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

To clarify the road-race range of tires are distributed by CT Race Tires in the West and Orion M/S in the East to trackside vendors like MTD, MDM, Moto D, etc., etc. and not to those peeps.
    The SC3 tire features a compound that is more user friendly in a WIDE range of temperatures so sure it's works great for track/days or street riding. And it's very common for tire companies to develop racing compounds at the track that end up a few years later in a street tire, and I saw that all of the time. The SC1 & 2 Supercorsa DOT tires are not imported to NA so it's irrelevant to continue, but to clarify a DOT approved tire must meet or exceed ETRTO and RMA/DOT requirements to be designated as such.
    Is a narrow-focused racing compound going to be your best choice for street riding? Nope, but it's still DOT approved, and a SC3 or even a Supercorsa V3 or V4 SP would be a better choice.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Funny I checked the Pirelli site and my copy of the tech book, and I didn't find that. Can you post a link?