1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your side hustle

Discussion in 'General' started by sanee, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm a pimp.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Pimpin' ain't easy, but it sure is fun.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He already has a pimp, she's short and feisty and cool

ToofPic and stickboy274 like this.
  4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Way cooler than me.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's selling her short because cooler than you isn't a tall bar..

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Side hustle seems like it would take too much effort...is there a side mosey?

pjdoran, gixxernaut, beac83 and 4 others like this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But your heart is full! :crackup:

bigkaley and rd400racer like this.
  8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Totally seperate business. I'm on the chemicals at factories end of things for the most psrt.

I get calls for suicide cleanups 1x a month and the guy I recommend usually has a minimum bill of 5k.

If you're ever about to blow the top of your skull off, for God's sake go outside in the yard and do it. Save your family from seeing all that mess, and then paying a months pay to clean it up too. Or gas yourself in the garage

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dude. Time and place...

sanee likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Long story short...
    A friend's dad heard about it, wanted some easy spending cash when he retired and started the business. In PA, draft beer selling establishments are required, by law, to clean their draft systems every two weeks.

His son, my friend, took over the business 1o some years ago. Anywho, business picks up, he's short-handed, "Hey, Fred, wanna make some side money?"

It started more as a personal commitment to keep my friend from having to bust his ass without the benefit of expanding his business. I jumped in with both feet, freed up some of his time and, frankly, he and I work well together from a mechanical perspective. He trained me for two weeks in Oct/'21. On top of my weekly clients, I'm now his go-to guy for installs. I work less than 8 hours/week, unless I'm also helping with an installation. The job is interesting on multiple levels and the pay is enough to keep my interest.

BigBird, beac83 and sanee like this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

When....I had a side hustle.My first one,I built a box for baleing pinestraw a few hrs every evening after work.
    Yrs.later worked at a KTM/Triumph dealership doing set up,service,sales,whatever the red head told me to do.

Now living in CA ive tried hinting to the Gf's daughter how I would like some seeds (for weed growy type stuff)..
    She said she could get me some clones? Didn't know what that was,but found out..
    Still waiting on those damn clones,got a half empty sunroom.When in Rome

12. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Good luck with that being a money making venture.
    Everyone is growing their own.
    Plus, your house will reek as the plants mature.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wrote and sold a few jokes for some dude who knew some dude which let to some george and jerry writing for some production company for a network for some pilot (wasn’t picked up) and then for a streaming scam (no money in it). Coach a bunch of teams which led to a Dx opportunity but that bored me. Test monkied for a company that does performance parts for mopars. Mowed some lawns, ran a couple of high dollar keggers for a brewery. . . A bunch of really weird but interesting (in the moment) shit.

Meh! :D

BigBird and gixxernaut like this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I honestly couldnt see doing it seriously.More a see if I could.I don't smoke,and YES! Everyone is growing it!
    Lake county is stinky stanky! Its probably harder finding people who arent growing something here.
    GF kinda said the same thing,if it wasn't crazy good,it wouldn't sell,and i don't know anything about it.

Now Gummies!! I could get into that! :D

15. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

im always thought about being a writer for comedian, thats pretty awesome you got to do that

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Motion & Bird LLC would like to speak to you about an exciting opportunity. :D

YamahaRick, BigBird, sanee and 4 others like this.
  17. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Don't know anymore if this would still be consider my side hustle, since I've been doing it for over 10 years and counting strong .

I now, since automn 2022, own my own martial arts center. I started teaching muay thai for fun, since I couldn't find a decent school in my area.
    Would lease the room for the hours I would need. Place was like a community place.

Well 9 years later, here I am with my ex running one of the best places to learn traditional muay thai in the South Shore of Montreal. :)
    This past holiday, we grew even bigger (an extra 500 sq/ft) added to our existing 1500 sq/ft

Take a look if interested: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057137334175 or www.muaythairivesud.com

Guess I still consider it a hustle, since I never quit my full time job, which I still do 40-48h a week.

BigBird, CBRRRRR999 and Razr like this.
  18. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    BigBird, gixxernaut, E Reed and 4 others like this.
  19. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

I convert a large amount of free time into a small amount of money building stuff out wood, selling it on Etsy. Keeps me busy now that my son got older and does his own thing more.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BigBird, gixxernaut, Razr and 3 others like this.
  20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

How much for one of the pool signs shipped to 45150?

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.