1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need 1989 gsxr advice asap

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Why did you mount them upside down ? :D

969, 5axis and Sabre699 like this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I could honestly see you rolling this thing off a huge hill on fire the first time the carburetors hiccups!
    I hadn't tracked a carbed bike since the 90's.I bought the 01 r6 to vintage race.
    You don't realize how slow carbs work compared fuel injection. Especially on starts!
    I appreciate both,and how far it's came

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Here’s my ‘88 that started out at $800. Lol C6A713C6-8219-40E1-B817-11ABACA46644.jpeg

5axis, Brad, SpeedyE and 9 others like this.
  4. ToofPic

Thats Gorgeous! :bow::Putter:

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Now you did it....Toof get your cell # yet? :)

I had a '92 750.....then a 907 kit....then an 1100 motor, can't remember which of the (3) 1100 variations i put in it....I polished the frame/swingarm, PM billet wheels, etc....and then i looped it in a pair of shorts and t-shirt at Deals Gap parking lot in front of the hotel and it helicoptered into one of the cinder block walls separating the rooms at the 13 room hotel, thus knocking it down.....circa '96. Man that hurt. Road rash head to toe....ripped my Tims off my feet too.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    trussdude and ToofPic like this.
  6. ToofPic

Daaaamn!! Bet they hung your shit in the top of the tree of shame! :beer:

7. gapman789

Me and my racin' buddies that were there when it happened, were talking about it last night while offroading on the SxS's. Then the next story was how I launched my TL1000S at about 80 mph over a mountain in the Deals Gap area in '98 while riding by myself on a Friday, July 4th wknd....Broke my leg and TL in half...literally the bike broke at the frame under the tank... Thank ya Lord, i owe ya one...or 10.

ToofPic likes this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is this the one you’re putting the H2 motor in?

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

No, this one is getting a fresh 1216.

10. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

This pic captures two probably bad ideas that I keep wanting in my garage. Maybe to relive a little of my younger days.

Banditracer likes this.
  11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

These '80s sport bikes have more style and character than any of the new bikes could ever dream of.
    They're real motorcycles where a writer and a machine were 50/50
    And I really miss my GSXR Screenshot_20230124-203234~2.png

5axis, SpeedyE and ToofPic like this.
  12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is the significance of the 89 the last year of the oil cooled gixxers?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the first liquid-cooled 750 was the '93. 1100 used oil until it was canceled. If I remember correctly.

backbone likes this.
  14. speedluvn

Yeah, I have a 94 gixxer. They gained a fair bit of weight after being watercooled.

gapman789 likes this.
  15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

600 got water cooling in 92. It wasn't done very well. It was heavy, but to make up for it, it was slow.

969, gapman789, ungwaha and 1 other person like this.
  16. ToofPic

Made my laugh!
    My friend Rocky Gravley had one of those heavy pieces of shit! What a brick!! Pos!!:crackup:

stickboy274 likes this.
  17. speedluvn

Some of us didnt know and were attracted by the Bold New Graphics! :rolleyes:

ToofPic likes this.
  18. ToofPic

:crackup:
    Yeah it didn't matter what ya threw at them,the f3 would pull out and just go on by!! I know because Rocky put a shit ton of money in his!
    They were purdy though

19. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

By the time that sees the road or track you will have... A hunnit or few at a time!:D

Shenanigans and ToofPic like this.
  20. gapman789

A fuzzy video pic at deals gap 28 yrs ago....Yes, we made videos with 8mm handycams or whatever and duct taped it to my tail section. My buddy did have a little lipstick camera on the front of his '93 1100.

dealsgap GSXR.jpg

ToofPic likes this.