1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s cool, hopefully it comes with a bunch of support too.

henry_carlson, cav115 and koth442 like this.
  2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

This.

MG55 and Hayden show that it’s definitely the rider. Remember Cam Petersen on the Altus bike? He would mix it up with full blown SBK’s.

rafa likes this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

He was splitting time between the Scheibe BMW in superbike and a Honda RRR in Stock1000. But I think he stopped the Stock1000 at some point during the season for 2022.

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

You guys make good points about the GSXR1000 still being competitive.
    At least in Stock1000 it did win the championship 2 of the last 3 years, and tied for first this past season

Banditracer likes this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:offtopic: What does Aussie Dave do for a living? That dude's been around for quite awhile now with a pretty significant presence in the paddock and has funded the rides of some good other riders all while only ever attaining rather mediocre SBK results. From what I can tell, he is the owner/rider of his team right? Kinda like Wyman was doing but seems far more able to keep doing it comfortably while Wyman basically burnt out (and understandably so) even though he achieved far better results. Makes me think Dave is probably just better equipped to pay for more help? But the results definitely don't seem to match the paddock presence.

6. daracing13

daracing13 Well-Known Member

I know you weren’t taking a stab at me but I certainly took offence, but that is on me because I keep to myself and not many people understand my story.
    To answer your question, I race motorcycles for a living. I started with nothing and everything I do is funded by motorcycle racing, how many other teams can say that it’s a business and the actually turn a profit? I have been doing it for 15 years. As for putting other riders out there I believe it’s something I should get more credit for, I create these rides so that I can give someone a chance and they don’t have to go through what I go through.

You talk about my results so let me put things into perspective, first off I have always said if there is a better option for someone to ride other than me I would happily put them on the bike but anyone who is a better rider would never ride under the conditions I have to ride under. For example my budget last year was well under $200k after you run a semi around the country and pay everyone, buy tires etc, there nothing left to help achieve results. I think there was a couple times that I qualified between the Tytlers riders last season, I have no idea what there budget was but I can have a pretty good guess based on rumors and what I witnessed, their budget was well into the multiple millions so when I’m sitting between those guys on the grid no one has a right to question my ability or results.
    There is no other team or has been in a long time that is even close to achieving the results we get on a similar budget.

I get asked all the time what I do other than racing, it makes me laugh because there is never enough time in the day to run the race team and multiple areas get neglected, do people really think a race team that competes at this level just happens by itself?

As for purchasing the Attack bike, that is a very expensive purchase and it’s something I would not purchase myself but luckily I have someone who believes in me and sees the effort I put in and they want to give me a better opportunity to show my abilities. The bike itself is a bunch of parts that any capable person can assemble but it’s the information and knowledge that comes with the purchase that is of value. We can’t afford to go testing all the different options available to SBK so having access to some information saves big $$

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Glad you are out there gettin it done Dave. :beer:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Glad I got distracted by Broome and his leaf blower. :D

I don’t think Quentin was harshing on AD but expressed his opinion that might have come across as a bit stiff but I can’t and won’t speak for him.

I met AD once or twice way back and seemed to be a good enough dude even if he has that stupid accent. :D I was going to post a bit shining him up but no need. :crackup:

back to broome and his leaf blower. :D I can’t help but picture SpongeBob and Patrick playing with the reef blowers in the first season.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1 :beer:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He committed the mortal sin that has bitten people in the ass on the BBS for a quarter-century: do not assume that the racer you are talking about (or a family member) is not reading it. Doesn't matter if it's WERA or MotoGP.

I was lucky to learn that early on with Jamie Hacking's dad. Damn, that was awkward. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I miss Dad of Hack. F@ckin’ awesome guy. He introduced me to Mom of Hack and that was hilarious In it’s awkwardness. :crackup:

but yeah, funny in who reads and funnier still who posts on this backwater BBS. :crackup:

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

not necessarily far better results. they are actually quite similar in results when they both finish. I took their results from 2019 to 2021 and averaged their finishing positions (removed DNF's and DNS's). KW's average finish was 6.9 and ADR was 8.1.

13. daracing13

daracing13 Well-Known Member

I rate Kyle very highly as a rider because I know what he endured running a race team. He is better at it than me as he is able to find more budget but after all the effort actually getting on the bike and riding is the easiest part and by far the riding part is the most neglected in the whole team structure.

14. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I don't think he meant any disrespect about Aussie Dave abilities to ride a superbike at the pace the front runners are running.
    I think he meant "how does Dave afford this venture year in year out"?
    Most riders/team have a somewhat wealthy family to foot the bill??? Or they have a connection to a business that is funding them?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t like Kyle Wyman at all! Not one damn bit.

between him and the fundraisers that the various sports programs put on at Panera, we went there more often than most other places and I’ll say it, since they dropped their Cuban sandwich they really rather suck! So, trying to support a place that has nothing you like just sucks. :D

Hey Wyman, pick up Jersey Mikes next time, their sandwiches are pretty damn alright. :D

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Panera is rather geared towards the retirement villiage ladies

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well it taste like hospital food so that fits

jonathanp likes this.
  18. redtailracing

My apologies sir. You are correct that I was not taking a stab at you. I know I tend to come across as a bit blunt/abrasive so my apologies for that.

Knowing what I know now (following your post), your effort is quite impressive. I know it probably didn't seem like it but take it as a compliment that I was convinced you had to have some sort of day job or inheritance or something that funded all this because from the outside looking in, between your rig, pit setup, the riders you've provided rides to, etc. it all looks very pro style.

As far as my comments about your results. I stand by what I said, mid pack superbike rider. And that's ok. Because as you pointed out, doing that as an owner/rider while also providing rides for other people is damn impressive and frankly consistent podiums as a solo effort aren't realistic for anyone in today's world of racing. You're still doing a hell of a lot better than me and 99% of the other people in our community and our industry could use more dudes like you. So keep on trucking :clap::bow:

19. redtailracing

Naw, I've been around here long enough to know who might be reading. And I don't say anything on here or anywhere else that I wouldn't say to someone directly. That said, I do realize following his response that my wording probably could have been chosen better but that's also not really any different than me in real life lol. Let's just say in my professional life, my boss never chooses me to handle delicate matters.

20. redtailracing

Funny, I did something similar. I just looked about points gap at the end of each season with KW ahead in both 20 and 21 but AD ahead in 19.

henry_carlson likes this.