1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...just what is the amount of "damage" required?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

All new bodywork, paint and graphics. No way in hell I am rolling out of paddock on this fresh set up. o_O

So what is your thoughts on just how much of a scratch, scuff, damage needed to cockblock the track gods into sending this thing into landscape mode in first practice?:D

Phl218 likes this.
  2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Mine used to always be pushed over in the grass.

It the antigravity gods that need to be pleased.

3. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I used to pick up the tank on a new race bike and whack it with a ball peen hammer nicely. Seemed to work, for a while.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's a myth, perpetrated by the man...that fell the first time he rode his freshly prepped bike.
    Fact. Don't believe in it, you'll follow in his folly.
    ;)

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

It might be related to your level of investment. I have a set of hot bodies with a rattlecan spray job, so at the first race of each year, I Just grab a handful of whatever is at the edge of my pit and rub it on the lower just behind the front wheel.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I did a couple of things that have worked so far.

First, I Swiss cheesed the hell out of the upper while attaching it to the fairing stay, and I have a couple of extra speed holes in the tail section as well. Measure once, cut twice, as the saying goes.

Second, I ride slow enough that crashing really isn't very likely.

Jon Wilkens and Shenanigans like this.
  7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Its best to just loop it over first time leaving pit out,while dragging your legs behind it.If that doesnt clear off
    negative JU Ju nuttn will.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Go out at 70 percent first practice and just enjoy the dawn of a new season.

After the first lap, “New Shit Syndrome” has expired. None of it is “new” at that point and you’re safe.

Jon Wilkens and 969 like this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

rub some dirt on it in a pentagram shape.
    #no_more_crashing

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  10. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

I have three motorcycles with everything repaired except dented fuel tanks. I just can't bring myself to buy a new tank, knowing that my vanity for a cosmetic repair is a guaranteed magnet for damage.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Take the bellypan and rub the bottom of it on the front straight. I have found that actual race pavement does the best at warding off the spirits.

12. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

All good replies....lol Thanks

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Just slide your fairing across the driveway or garage floor is usually enough to please the gods.

Jon Wilkens likes this.