1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid dirt bike question

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Or drunk Karen’s, which a drunk red neck Karen who has a little bit of money so thinks she’s better than everyone and should have right of way anywhere is always a treat. Only encountered 1 bad one but had my son with me so didn’t get the chance to call her a c$nt :)

Phl218 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. And after some good rain the main trails are sketchy as f$ck, as in not even fun to me and I love riding in the wet.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

It's called TT. Flat track with a righthander and a couple steeplechase jumps. The 2023 AMA DirtTrack schedule will have three TTs this season out of the eighteen total flat track races. All the TTs are over a thousand miles from FL.

Alternately, you can get a little trail bike/pit bike, upgrade the suspension to support your weight, and find accommodating tracks all over the place. There are race series.

I say sink or swim. Buy ya an open class monster and head straight to the pro-style tracks. You'll bounce just as well as them 18yos when you hit the ground. There is a difference in the time interval between walking without looking all jacked up and jumping back on the horse, tho'. :crackup:

Final thoughts about going dirt riding...
    What, you wanna hurt yourself? o_O
    You will fall way more times than you ever thought possible.
    Sometimes it will hurt and sometimes the bike gets hurt.
    You don't have to fall from altitude to get hurt.
    You will likely go to the hospital at some point, but not really any more of a risk than with roadracing.
    The constant slamming into the ground gets tiresome, literally. Probably half the reason MX-ers are the second-most fit athletes in the world. :D

Gino230 likes this.
  4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That is correct. Heading south next month and plan to stop there for a day.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I think most everything's been covered. We have a bunch of MX tracks around here of varying levels. There are a few that do have some bigger jumps but you can just roll them if your not comfortable. The table tops are where it's at if you aren't interested in the big jumps ( like me).

As someone mentioned, the peewee track is an option. Around here they aren't so much age limited as they are bike size limited. If there are kids out there, you just have to give them a wide berth and don't freak them out or you will have any angry parent.

I haven't seen any grass tracks other than in some of the hare scrambles but they would be a good option if you can find one.

6. fastfreddie

While we're at it, Croom Motorcycle Area at the intersection of I-75 and US98 is a well established riding park. It's a pretty cool place. Haven't been in decades but the memories remain...can't say what's new or still there. The back fence line had a whoop section almost as long as the fence. Yee-haw! There's a sand pit which is kind of a small desert-like area, you'll find jumps. The whoops start at the back corner of the sand lot. Single/quad track through the pines, some hilly/gully areas with short hill climbs and trials riding opportunities...
    It's tough to see it all in a weekend as you stop and play at any number of areas, losing track of time.
    https://croommotorcyclearea.com

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

doing a day a Croom will be a lifetime of whoops...lol
    And the sugar sand...

Once a Wanker.. and fastfreddie like this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Florida?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Shall we summarize quickly.
    [​IMG]
    Florida aka sand and flat. Croom website pic HUGE elevation changes, and just a hint of sand.

[​IMG]

Highland Park aka North Georgia mountains, hint Cedartown GA. Elevation changes, a bit of loam, a lot of rock, clay, rock, and elevation changes
    [​IMG]

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

[​IMG]
    Highland Park, any questions

11. fastfreddie

Looks like parts of Croom. How many acres?

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Huh? Highland Park is a 1,000 acres focusing on m/cs. You ever been there? And fyi no sand, lol

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  13. fastfreddie

Nope. I've been to GA, tho'. Still can't get the stains from the clay off my cases. :D

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Highland Park was created by a true m/c lover (former WERA/AMA roadracer) and his wife who was a long time Tucker distributor person like me. Their dream was to create a gigantic riding property for dirt bike peeps with a shit load of options for riding trails/woods or MX. And they accomplished their goal!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    TurboBlew, Phl218 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

So, you haven't passed anyone's BS filter here? You would've been given the 'special hand-shake,' and they would have shared that secret with you, if you were cool.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Then took him Snipe huntn

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There are several tracks and training facilities popping up around Okeechobee, FL. That’s only 2 hours from me, and has the potential to end the 20 year dirt bike drought that is South Florida. Yes, we have Miami MX, but it’s scary as hell for a novice. Rolling the jumps is almost more dangerous because dudes are literally flying right over you.

Some of these places have more than one type of track, I don’t know the terminology which is why I asked. Hopefully improve my Moto skills without busting my ass too bad.

DmanSlam likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

I was warned. Didn't think the stains would still be visible twenty years later tho'...:crackup: