1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex Daytona 24 Hours 2023 edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 28, 2023.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

No, he needs to learn how to block better.

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

No. He needed to let the guy finish the pass on the 1st corner on the final lap. Set himself up for the draft pass at the finish.
    Gos team should have given him that info

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I just got back from it. Bought a fancy ticket at the lounge level, had meals all day, slept in a chair. It was also open bar, which was wasted on me but the desserts were solid.

Great racing, too. Andy Lally was 3.5 sec away from a 7th Rolex.

CRA_Fizzer and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, watched a lot on TV and went up for a few hours in the evening. In spite of early efforts, I was unable to get "good" (hospitality) tickets this year, and had no parking pass for the infield. So, just parked at the mall, walked in and wandered around. Not too bad really. Although I would have preferred staying the whole time in the spirit of "endurance", I botched it this time. Huge crowd from what I saw.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

On the broadcast the head dude of IMSA (I think that’s his gig) said this year’s crowd was the largest ever for the 24 hours. He also said the NASCAR race was pretty much sold out except for a few super high dollar tickets.

Hope the 200 does good numbers. :)

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've never seen that many people in the stands for an IMSA race. Porsche and BMW got caught out man zee Germans have some work to do.

evakat likes this.
  7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So why did they rename the bus stop? Even the announcers kept calling it the bus stop.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I didn’t pay a lot of attention to the announcers, what did they rename it?

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!