1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys think that he's gonna talk talk to customer service for $300? Not even if they have a donkey in the waiting room. Well, maybe. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. I got it online at car supplies warehouse.com

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Bummer... can't return stuff bought online

Phl218 likes this.
  4. I’ll put one in each hand. That will be badass. :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Power won't be symmetrical.

noles19 likes this.
  6. Shit. Reckon I gotta order another 765.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You need to get some kind of nozzle to get good car/ bike drying ability from these. The old one with the skinny tube actually works better- higher velocity.

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I only read the first few pages. I didn't make it past bagging on BRZ' and Miatas with the sit-down comment and then shopping for an auto... Jesus what a clown.... :crackup:

10. I’ve got the stubby nozzle for both of them, with the rubber protective thing on the end in case I bump the car with it.

“Pan The Organizer” (YouTube detailing dude) swears by these. I’ve watched him using them in videos and they do great. That’s what caused me to get them.

https://www.carsupplieswarehouse.com/products/ego-power-765cfm-blower?_pos=1&_sid=7a6ff64ac&_ss=r

Gino230 and Razr like this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The local Big League car wash has high pressure air hose/nozzle for each wipe down spot. They work great, but I do use their soft cloth towels also.

12. I dry the car with the microfiber towels first. Then I come back with the blower. It gets all the water out from the cracks around the lights, mirrors, windows, wheels, etc. I blow that water out then dry it up. It works great.

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So, you are doing it backwards. You should be doing your best to never rub anything unnecessarily on your pitch black, shiny vehicle. The entire point of using the blower is to not rub on the car with an unlubricated material.

stk0308, gixer1100 and Phl218 like this.
  14. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah just take it on the freeway,hit about 120 and blow that baby out.

BigBird, Phl218 and Gino230 like this.
  15. I use a “drying aid”. It’s a ceramic infused detail spray. When the car is wet, I spray it on there, then dry like normal. Sometimes
    I have to use 2nd microfiber towel to buff it clear.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I just grab the garden hose, rinse, drive, repeat. :beer:

If I really want it clean then, yeah, soapy microfiber towel in diluted Dawn solution (or whatever happens to be under the kitchen sink), rinse, silicon squeegee, Stihl leaf blower, and maybe I'll run a wrung out microfiber for residual water through door jams, etc. I don't really care about spots or swirls, it's patina that goes hand-in-hand with the evidential damage from road debris. <sigh>
    Patina really depends on the quality of the factory paint. Our now dead 22yo JGC has fantastic paint, the 'Vette not so much. You should see the Ford. :eek:
    There are no trailer queens in our stable receiving fawning attention.

Once in a lazy while, I'll run through the "no touch" car wash.

So, whatcha all got for vacuuming? :D

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Central vac mounted in the garage.

18. A lot of cars have the traffic sign recognition, is there such a thing as “cop recognition”?

It has now happened to me twice.

I’m driving down the road, and suddenly on the Head-Up Display a big white triangle with a red outline and an exclamation point in the middle of pops up,
    and right beside it the Speed limit pops up, and it gave me an audible alert.

Both of those popped up big and took up the whole HUD screen. The Tach, Nav, Etc all went away and I only got the big warning triangle and posted speed limit.

Then about 100-150 yards later I come up on a cop sitting on the side of the road, facing oncoming traffic, with all his lights and shit off.

It’s the only time I’ve ever seen the HUD do that. It did it the first time and I thought it was a coincidence. I didn’t think much about it. Then last night it happened again.

How is it doing that? What is it looking for/detecting? Doing the exact same thing (warning me of a cop) twice in a row can’t be a coincidence. I’m just not sure how it does it or what exactly it is scanning for to pick up on the cop car.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did the owner's manual say it was?

Phl218 and fastfreddie like this.
  20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Does it have adaptive cruise control? If it used radar to do it, I wonder if it could be picking up the cops radar and letting you know it detected it. I never considered it could be a free radar detector. hmmmm