1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Lewis and Lochoff announcements are apparently coming soon.

We are still awaiting the Tytlers announcement but have to think Cam B is replacing Hector so not really any new seats open there.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I know it probably won't happen but it would be badass if TOBC could figure out how to put an effort toward a whole MA season. I saw Michelle is prego so that probably won't happen.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Just speculating, but I think it was a tough season for Paasch.
    He was on the same bike/team that dominated the past two years on Stock1000. I think the level of the stock1000 field went up and he didnt do as well as some people were expecting, wasnt until close to the end of the year that he started doing better.

Circacee likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there something about them all being superbikes talked about a long time ago?

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I agree, iirc he was injured early on and then the whole Scott tragedy happened. Then he really started to figure it out with 4 consecutive podiums. I was really hoping another year on that bike would see him fight at the top of the class this year bc after all that he was 4th in the chip last year!

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Man I'm really conflicted about the whole Jake Lewis/Toni Elias/M4 ordeal. Huge fan of both riders but I guess at the end of the day, Toni was the last rider that was able to have any real consistent success on the Zuk. Next best would probably be Cam P and obviously he's off the table. I'm also guessing from his far more diverse and extensive experience, Toni is probably a better development rider and you gotta think just having someone able to develop the Zuk back to being competitive has to be at the top of M4's wish list right now, even if the rider if well past their prime. Just sucks for Jake and sucks for us that want to see Jake out there.

Namarow likes this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I guess we will never know, but I assume Tony can bring more money (Sponsors) to the team than Jake Lewis does.
    Pretty sure both him and Richie are sponsored by Honos, maybe they would double down their support for two of their riders.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea, probably something to that as well

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so who's riding for M4 STK1000 and SBK ? i assume Tony is doing SBK, but never know anymore.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was starting to really like having Hector in MA. Tiny little guy with that voice. . . I guess I’ll miss him.

kirk erlinger and 418 like this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

FWIW, Jake said on FB he's never paid and never will.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

He broke his arm or collarbone, I forget which, the week before COTA.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah I get it that its a cut throat results sport and all but man from Yosh to M4 then back to M4 it sucks... Lewis being a former 2 time Champ I would be certain someone would wise up and give him a ride...

kirk erlinger likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep.... His Dad wouldnt even let him race unless he was making money. Bobby told me before he passed that if he's not making money in racing he is going to College.. Grant it that was many teams and races ago...

koth442 likes this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

There's a big difference between paying to ride and bringing money for the team from sponsors which is what I assume elias is doing

KneeDragger_c69 and Circacee like this.
  17. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

That would be my guess as well.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t assume Elias is doing anything. I don’t know, JU or CU haven’t asked me my opinion and I have no clue on how the MA paddock works anymore.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

GDR!!

20. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Going to BSB