1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nope

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Should have snagged ‘em but better I didn’t.

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Nope to.... The Ramones....:D

motion, R Acree and lizard84 like this.
  3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Sperm whales peacefully sleeping just creeps me OUT!
    F Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 7.51.41 PM.png

4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Nope to skinny women...lol no thank ya. Gotta have some natural curves...

I've always liked forced Caymans boxers can't argue with the exceptional handling that they deliver especially over the 911.
    9/11 should have been erased from history once they went water cooled....

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That is messed up!!!

6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I love the air cooled stuff, but I'll never understand the air cooled superiority nerds.

cpettit and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Think of the last oil thread.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've always had an air-cooled 911... current is a 1995 993, but I would trade it for a GT3RS in a hot minute.

9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I love the 993's, and I have to agree. The GT3RS is just so much more car, while still retaining the intent of a 911.

I have ALMOST bought a 911 like 3 times now and i kick myself later VERY DAMN TIME for not pulling the trigger..

in 2011, I almost bought a 964 that was less than $20K.. had good options, lowish mileage etc..

2014 I was on my way to the bank to secure funds for a 996 Turbo that was only $32K.. Gaurds Red, 70K miles, etc. Dude calls me, tells me his son wants the car now.

2020 (right at the beginning of the covidz panic.) I find a black 996 Turbo for around $58K.. I'm already annoyed they're this much now, but this one had some really tasteful stuff done to it and was owned by a friend of a friend. Lots of documentation, etc.. This is the only time my wife has ever said "Don't buy anything right now please" She had JUST quit her job for a different one, and because of the covidz, her new job gave her a start date 4 weeks late than planned. We were absolutely NOT hurting for money by any means, but it just made her super nervous... Everything was fine, and I'll never let her forget about what is prolly my last attempt at a turbo 911.

R1Racer99 and Phl218 like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nope....Porsch--uh nerds calling errything a "911" and then in the same breath saying 964, 993, 998, 99Ferdinand's Nuts are so delicious, or whatever number that is NOT 911 they are using to market they new "911".

11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Oh I get it . The performance aspect of the modern machinery is mind-boggling.
    I am just not partial to how large and heavy the car has grown...
    To me the experience is the same as a 60s early 70s muscle car the visceral noise the rattling etc it's just basically the shell on the engine and the driver..
    I get the same experience in a vintage Volkswagen there's just something about it I enjoy far more than the new stuff as far as driving.
    I'm not kidding myself if you parked a new one in my driveway it sure would be tempting as long as I never had to do repairs on it that is...lol my good friend has several 993s one being a 600 horsepower twin turbo.
    Outside of a Tesla , it is the fastest vehicle I have ever been in.

It belches 2' blue flames from the exhaust..that right there..would be all I need...lol

speaking of Tesla's I went out with a woman that has a Tesla 3 I'm quite confident that car is easily faster than his Porsche.
    But for some reason it is lacking in the experience no motor sound etc
    h
    Tat's what I enjoy about the old cars.

12. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll ever warm to the notion of a high performance electric vehicle, regardless of their impressive their capabilities. A high performance vehicle should stir your soul and impact all of your senses. The really special ones remain forever imprinted upon your memory.

R1Racer99 and auminer like this.
  13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I think the technology in them is cool, just don't sell yourself the lie that you're making a difference by driving it.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sucks to not be part of the club doesnt it?

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

That’s why I bought an older Z06, I think it might be one of the last of its kind. N/A, high displacement and hp, manual, RWD and light weight. I’m sure they’ll be around for a long time but I wanted to buy one while I could afford it. I love all fast cars but I want the character to go along with it.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He asked for a 13 but they drew a 31.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. R1Racer99

Had to look up the reference, still don’t understand it.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

19. R1Racer99

Yeah, I’m an idiot for not understanding what his reference has to do with what cars we like.

20. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Best line