1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Suit for 6’4 165 lbs rider

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by Daniel Walker, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Daniel Walker

Daniel Walker Member

I have had issues sourcing a non-custom suit for my size, who has a suit with similar dimensions?

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

You're gonna be hard pressed to find off the rack with those numbers! I'm the same weight but nine inches shorter. Off the rack legs were usually too long so I finally got a custom suit. Give One X a look.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Lol. I'm the same height but have 25 lbs on you. Anything that fits our height is made for a dude 250lbs. Unfortunately, custom is the only way to get something fitting proper, although I didn't try every suit mfg in the world. tall skinny guys just aren't the norm. Good luck!

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

perhaps a 40 or 42 long in Dianese

5. Daniel Walker

Daniel Walker Member

Thank you guys, I’ll go for a Alpinestars suit and if that fails I will order a custom size

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Good luck. I don't think they'll work very well. I'm 6'1". At my lightest (180, about 80 pounds ago...) I could fit into a 44/54, but all of the armor was out of place because the suit was too short. For example, I couldn't get the knee sliders into the correct spot anywhere on the velcro.

Nowadays I can carefully squeeze my gunt into a 48/58 as long as I don't breathe too deeply, but the armor is where it is supposed to be.

At your height you would need something that will be huge on you, and the armor won't stay where it is supposed to be in case of an extravehicular excursion.

7. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

If you are going to be using a suit for years invest in a custom proper fitting suit..
    The armor will stay where it is supposed to in a crash.
    Also once you realize an off the rack suit is not working you will have wasted that cost.
    I have no pony in the race but Bison, or X one, are go to guys more costly is RS taichi but with it!

You get the point.

just my 2¢

8. Maxtrap

Maxtrap Well known member

Son is 6’2” and enviably lean. We went custom with RST and couldn’t be happier with product and price.