1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

get off my lawn?

Do you like racing or not? It's not expensive. How much does it cost you to do one single 7 lap sprint in road racing? More than what it would cost you to watch all of SX and MX. Average cost of a beer at a restaurant is more expensive than 1 month of SX stream.

You're bitching just to bitch. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what they're doing. They could be charging a lot more than $5 a month. The monthly MotoGP video pass is $30....

TurboBlew, Dano711, skidooboy and 3 others like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

WTF did you just call me???

skidooboy likes this.
  3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Exactly!

I would rather pay a couple bucks a month to watch channels I will use instead of being forced to pay $200 a month via my cable tv service. I cut my ties with cable tv about 5 years ago and haven't looked back. I purchased Sling TV along with a couple other apps like Peacock, netflix, moto gp. and it works out for what I need.

TurboBlew and Dano711 like this.
  4. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. I'll pay his first $5 for fucks sake

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Sucks not having any Supercross to watch tonight...

G2G, cpettit, skidooboy and 1 other person like this.
  6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Watching the foos ball,and just started a 10 hr boiled p nuts

7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Not bitching to bitch. I already pay to have tv. They keep moving the damn cheese. I don't pay to stream anything. I pay to have cable or dish/directtv. I chose not to bow to their constant demand for more of my money. I don't buy beer, never have...no clue how much one is. I don't pay for MA or MotoGP video either. Gotta draw a line somewhere. You choose to enable them to continue to nickel and dime people. Just a reality. Not to mention how shitty the streaming is...buffering anyone? No thanks. I'll just not watch it. I guess I'll just have to go for a ride instead.

I DO bitch however at how much wera continues to steal out of my bank account though. That shit is criminal.

mike w likes this.
  8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I dont have cable, or any of the sling/YouTube Tv etc. I have prime video because we have a prime account, I have peacock for SX, and I pay for MotoGP/wsbk. I don't get MA but I can read about that on RRW. All told, I don't miss television. When I sit down it's to watch racing or football, and I only get football if it's over the air antenna or on peacock or prime. Somehow, I have survived. 5 bucks a month for supercross is no big deal, well worth the 3 hours per weekend I watch x4 per month. When road racing starts, I have hours and hours of content per weekend, sometimes I can't even watch it all. No complaints here and I don't miss the news or weather or any other bullshit the cable company charged me for.

G2G, Circacee, skidooboy and 3 others like this.
  9. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

^^^^^
    Almost to a T on my TV watching recipe.
    I have the cost of a VPN added in so I can use my subscriptions when I'm down at the Baja house also.
    Muy Bein!

socalrider and skidooboy like this.
  10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I have friends that pay for NFL Redzone and all that jazz, I just don't do ball sports anymore.

Beyond Peacock for SX, MotoGP, MA and WSBK, my Hulu account broadcasts select NHL games. I'll watch Hockey over any other sport ten times over.

bullockcm likes this.
  11. Once a Wanker..

Dang, this 'second winter break' in January is killing me. With no SX race last weekend and the Dakar Rally now finished, I'm bored.

I sure hope the Dirt Wurx USA crew was able to find some dry dirt to cover up last week before the last 4 days of rain in San Diego to work with today. With rain in the forecast again for tomorrow; today, Friday, and early Saturday morning are the only dry opportunities for them t0 build Saturday's racetrack. Snapdragon Stadium is a new, but traditional football stadium venue. I predict no press-day riding tomorrow, and perhaps no free practice before timed qualifying, as the D.W. crew finish working their magic preparing the track for some more great racing.

Heck, even Cycle News and Racer X Illustrated have taken advantage of their unexpected break, as neither has published much original content these past few weeks, other than passing along press releases and basic Dakar Rally updates.
    I'm ready for some more actual racing to keep me busy reading about. You know it's a slow season when G.G's "Bigass pet turtle" and G Dawgs's "Hedgehog News" are 4 pages long, in just a few days...

Btw, I love Dirt Wurx slogan: "We put dirt where it doesn't belong." Some cool videos on their website of track builds, and extreme obstacles they've overcome, such as removing snow from a stadium floor so they could build a track, etc.
    http://dirtwurx.com/

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  12. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

it'll be soft again which means Tomac and Webb will shine.

Bloodhound and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. Once a Wanker..

+1, @swiest152. Guessing Sexton, Roczen, and any others able to get a good start will be in the mix early on, but not keep the pace with those two as the clock runs out.

14. eggfooyoung

I really, really want Malcom to win one. Or a few. He just seems like a great guy. Not flashy. Not cocky. Just someone you could sit around telling dick and fart jokes with while wrangling some large mouth.

TLR67, skidooboy, Circacee and 2 others like this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Race day again! Finally some racing to watch tonight. Track is going to be plenty soft and thus changing all the time. Everyone but 'Music Can' is healthy, so 8 to 10 riders who could potentially be up front. I too am looking for Mookie's breakthrough win sometime this season, @eggfooyoung.
    Practice broadcast begins at 4:30 eastern time. Free practice theoretically before that, but not shown. Sometimes it gets cancelled in wet conditions, though.

motodog650 likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

On YouTube he has a video of him on a track day.

Chad Reed Road Bike brings it up on the search.

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

that was a good listen, enjoyed it.

19. eggfooyoung

Damnit. No Mookie for A2.

20. No, I’ll just bitch and complain that racing can’t grow. FFS, I pay for WSBK, MotoGP, added peacock for SX and motoamerica.
    I don’t watch a lot of “television” besides Yellowstone and the odd movie, I do either cast from iOS or pull up other subscriptions which also include NFL, MLB and of course NHL. Unless it’s a big game rarely do I start to watch live, don’t have the time- or don’t want to make the time. Only time I’ll watch a full nfl game live is with my son as we discuss a lot of what’s going on- he’s 10 and plays so we do dissect plays time to time. I’m up at all crazy hours so overseas apps work out good for me.