1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

2. britx303

Yep, just went through this with 2 big orders with them. I had several parts for 3 bikes spread between them, and it had me so mixed up til everything was finally delivered. Still all within a weeks time though. I just wish they had more RT100 parts………but to be fair….to be fair….to be faihhhh…..nobody stocks anything for that little oddball :p

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, I know. They do have a regular website https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/locations/dealerinfo/speed-sport-pa but it's a bit like vintage parts...hard to find.
    That site had a link to their vintage website but I couldn't find it. Give 'em a call or email. They have stuff from the way back. Maybe the issue is, they're just trying to get onboard with this new-fangled technology. :D
    Wait a sec, try this, "View Parts Catalog". It's a link from the bottom of the above page. "Motorcycles" goes back to 1968.
    https://pmprogo.snaponepc.com/consumer/#/consumer-epc

4. fastfreddie

I've been looking for main jets to dial in the KLX. Between a kit that's out of stock and the various "aftermarket" jets of unknown quality/accuracy from various resources, I'm beginning to think all of them from ~$3-$8, including the "kit", are counterfeits. Known OEM mains are ~$12.
    The "out of stock" kit was $43 (now $46 - and still out of stock). Using OEM jets, that kit would be in excess of $180!
    All online jetting suggestions are with whose jets, what elevation and what temp? :rolleyes:
    If I guessed at which 3-4 OEM jets would be closest to my needs, I'd be spending $48. <smh>
    To boot, I'd like an adjustable needle vs shims. I haven't even begun to look at those. FML

If I'm not mistaken, you jetted your KLX. Could you tell me whose jets you used, sizes, temp and elevation, please? With some SWAG, I might be able to narrow my choices.
    I'm not too far from you geographically so temps should be comparable, but my riding elevations run 600'-1650'. I plan to stay with OEM Keihin jets.

Jetsrus claim to have genuine Keihin mains $7.50...
    https://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-116_main_round_small_and_38-xxx.htm[/QUOTE]

5. britx303

[/QUOTE]
    Rockymt atv has the keihin jets for my klx. $6 for the mains and $8 for pilots. Honestly I have to double check which sizes I ended up with that seemed to work with the new filter and exhaust. I bought a few of each mains and pilots.The jets I’m waiting on now are for the RT. Is your klx a 140? That’s what I’ve got, but I thought you were doing up a 110…..no?

6. fastfreddie

Yes, 110, but your jetting may be relevant for perspective.

Did you do a replacement filter only or airbox mods as well?
    Full pipe?

7. britx303

Ok had to recheck……bouncing between a few bikes:p For the klx140: stock header with fmf powercore 4 slip on. Uni airbox filter, snorkel removed but zero drilling of additional holes. 42 pilot. 105 main. Sea level basically.

8. britx303

The power bomb headers were out of stock everywhere when I was getting ready for the scramble. But I also didn’t want to throw everything and the kitchen sink at it before really riding it much beforehand. Apparently lots of 140 guys ditched the power bomb header and went back to stock anyways, from what I’ve read. Honestly after riding it more, I like my old ttr225 better. It just worked for me as a part time hare scrambler, and it was so freaking beat up when I got it, I could flog the crap out of it and not worry, and I got better and better on it. I went from only 1-2 laps in a scramble to 4-5 and was starting to run close to B times.Cost me 200 bucks off Craigslist and served me extremely well. F*ck I need a new 225 engine :crackup:

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

What year is the Klx you bought?

10. fastfreddie

Thanks! I have similar intentions. Now to do some maths and zero in on the jets w/o buying half-a-dozen.

11. britx303

2019 klx140g

12. britx303

I can mail you up whatever jets I’m not going to use if you want, if they use the same types. Assuming it’s ok to stick jets in a baggy inside a regular postage envelope. Let me know, I’ll send them up

13. fastfreddie

Thanks for the offer. I don't think you'd have what I'm looking for, I'll need somewhere in the 80-90 range of sizes. The KLX140 uses the same series of jets, but obviously larger sizes starting around 92?
    If you have any in the 80-90 range, I'd be happy to send you some beer money.

14. britx303

Dug around through all my jets yesterday and absolutely nothing in those ranges. Sorry.

15. fastfreddie

No worries, it was a long shot. I appreciated the offer. Thanks.

16. britx303

Where the hell are all the RT180’s? For a bike nobody wants, I can’t find one. Yeah, I like dumb shit, I admit. I think one would be fun. My 100 is fixed and running nicely, but need to finish up some more tidying up and fine tuning on the jetting before hitting the track next weekend.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I've got one that I beat the crap out of.

upload_2023-2-3_10-23-59.jpeg

britx303 likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

WT...? I was thinkin' these RT1**s were a vintage Yamaha late-'60s cafe bike or somethin', but seeing a monoshock dirtbike I was like Whaaaa?
    Turns out I was out of country most of the '90s so, never saw one. Come to think of it, I was out of country most of the '80s, too, the mid-late '70s and the early '60s. I ain't like Broome now tho'...I'm all into the bikes and cars from the time my feet could first reach the pedals.

<edit> BTW, best lookin' RT180 I'd ever seen. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. britx303

How much you want? :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. britx303

Yeah, wait til you see my monstrosity of an rt100 that I call mine:D