1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Trackday Snack?

Discussion in 'General' started by Prospect, Jan 22, 2023.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

LOL not sure if I should be impressed you raced smelling hot dogs, or disgusted lol

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the big plate of spaghetti I had last year from the concession stand (CMP or RRR I think). Tasty, but I paid for it the rest of the day.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I used to try quite a few of the snack bars, health bars, trail mix, granola stuff, etc. but ended up not giving a shit cuz whatever's left over from the trip rarely got eaten once I got home. During that time, decades ago, bananas and Fig Newtons ended up on the daily track menu.

Now, I stick to stuff that may or may not be good for the purpose, but it's widely available and I'll eat it at home, too. Tuna, sardines, peanuts in salted shells and the bananas and Fig Newtons. It all gets washed down with Fiji water.
    I've tried drink mixes and it's too much. I think dedicated health food, stuff that I would consider more of a dietary supplement for working out, also to be too much for the track environment. YMMV

I want to feel like I do on any other day when I'm at the track. This way, I know if things are not going well physically. In the past two decades plus, I've had three days where I failed to function properly. Each of those times had its own "out of routine" particularity.

If you regularly eat whatever it is you're thinking of bringing to the track, have at it.

Prospect likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I used to make myself large bottles of watered down lemonade or grape juice. Way watered to 2 parts water / 1 part juice.

Yzasserina and Prospect like this.
  5. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Definitely go with an MLT (mutton, lettuce & tomato) where the mutton is nice and lean................

ORIF, mpusch, Prospect and 2 others like this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

King's Hawaiian rolls with salami, cheddar, and mustard. The saltiness is perfect at the track. Mustard may or may not prevent cramps and reduce inflammation. Making them as "sliders" on the small rolls makes it easier for me to keep eating all day and to never feel weighed down.

I never drink straight water. All liquid must have some sugars and salts in it.

Yzasserina, ToofPic and Prospect like this.
  7. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

PB and J is an awesome snack anytime anywhere, I just don't trust the jelly unless it's fee of refined sugars and ingredients I can't pronounce. I prefer the convenience of something packaged that I of course can trust.

Thank you kind sir!

Absolutely agreed on the low GI, which is why the product lineup was designed to accommodate multiple scenarios:
    The coconut and almond energy bites are vegan, and not enrobed therefore have a lower GI compared to the rest of the flavours. The hazelnut, peanut and lemon have simple sugars in the coating which will definitely give you that boost, but you won't get the sugar crash that comes with eating refined sugar snacks like KitKats, Snickers and healthier offerings with refined sugar in them, because these energy bites are nut and oat based. There is also a decent amount of fibre that obviously comes with the oats.

Unfortunately a chicken flavour is going to be difficult to replicate without adding 100 ingredients that look like this: Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl....

The recipes actually took just over a year to refine primarily because it took 3-4 months to sample every single product in this market segment so we can ensure we create a product that is unmatched taste/texture wise. I tried Kind bars and they were too dry for me. We tried all the known brands out there like Quest, Clifbar, RXBar, Larabar etc. and we thankfully were able to create something that is in a league of its own taste/texture wise. We will naturally have different preferences to taste and texture but overall I am very confident that these energy bites/bombshells/cookies will win this competition on average

Appreciate the feedback Chris, you will find that the enrobed Terra Bites will give you the amount of energy you are looking for, one pouch will give you 630 calories, just over 50% will be carbs. Pistachios are the king of potassium when you look at but sources, the next two nuts in line would be peanuts and almonds.
    If these products do well, there is already a plan to add more enrobed flavours as well as a new product line up with a couple of secret healthy ingredients that will triple the amount of potassium you are seeing in the current energy bites. Once the business generates some cashflow, the new product lines will be released.

The only keto product on offer right now is the Brownie Bombshells which are a mix between a fat bomb and a brownie bite, the texture is dreamy to say the least.

I actually had two and a half pouches of the energy bites (hazelnut and lemon) during my last trackday coupled with water and I never found myself feeling weak, dehydrated or low on energy. YMMV of course, but the macros worked for me, the resealable pouch was very convenient and the taste was on the money.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback so far! Looking forward to getting feedback from anyone willing to purchase and try out the product, it would be amazing and I will be relaying all the feedback to my brother as well. Thanks again!

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Another vote for PBJs. Ate them between motos and at road races for nearly 50 years. Tried and true.

Prospect, tl1098 and thrak410 like this.
  9. Well shit, then that is my fault. I saw the different ones but only clicked on one of them to look at the Nutritional Facts label, and it must have been that one.

Prospect likes this.
  10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My Lord yall are making me feel old. I remember showing up eating cold leftover chicken from a convenience store the night before at Roebling or leftover fake crab sandwich from the motel 6 at Talladega.
    We ate garbage and then would send the wimmenz back out for more garbage at lunch or go to concession for a burger.
    I will say Roebling served up a great sausage egg bagel.
    We really didn't know any better except for the sprints to the shitter before first call. All those arms of leathers hanging under stalls and onion skin toilet paper.
    I could have been a champ had I ate right! :crackup:

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Ultimate trackday snack is sugar free monster and beef jerky.

Unless you are at blackhawk farms, their breakfast is amazing, I skip the first session or first practice to eat it.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sardines? Tuna? Man, Freddie, you have to smell like a dead NJ hooker when at a hot day at the track?
    Fack, throw some raw onions and maybe some prune juice into that diet and you could change your name to Fredtar the fireass, Destroyer of shitters and master of the ass blast! You could become a marvel villain.

KneeDragger_c69 and Prospect like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Amazing how perfect something so simple is.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Geezus, I don't wear the stuff...and, I am a marvel. :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I like to taste the goodness of biscuit with the honey sauce.

Once a Wanker.. and Prospect like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You sure you’re not a GA cousin f@cker instead of a Canadian?

19. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Holy Crap Batman. That one right there was funny!!

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Nah, just a fan of Toasters N' Moose. (Google it.)