1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Anyone parting out a 2006-2007 Yamaha R6?

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by DmanSlam, Jan 16, 2023.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Looking for parts to rebuild an R6

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what parts did you need?

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I saw a full donor bike on FB marketplace around us the other day. Will see if I can track it down and send the link over.

DmanSlam likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What parts?

DmanSlam likes this.
  5. DmanSlam

Casey, sending you a DM now.

6. TheRev

TheRev Well-Known Member

Agreed, what parts ya lookin for and where you located

7. DmanSlam

I'm mostly looking for the fairing set but I've DM'd you.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

9. DmanSlam

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Unsolicited and likely unwanted opinion, but take a look at converting it to 08+. It's not much work, at least for the upper and lower. Much higher chance of finding used (or new) bodywork as it's a hell of a lot more popular due to the wider range of years of availability.

But, that'd be dependent on what your goals with the bike are and how long you plan on keeping it.

DmanSlam and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  11. DmanSlam

IRT your reply (highlighted), unsolicited opinions on the beeb are unheard. Lol.

You're right though and I had researched that option. I'd need the 08 fairing stay (for the upper/lower). For the rear seat cowl, looks like I need the 08 subframe (and maybe the gas tank).

I have a cheapo set of 06 track fairings but it won't hold up to a crash any better than painter's tape.

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The rear subframe is kinda a catch 22 for the 08+ guys going backwards, but you should be alright. The 06-07 tank won't fit a 08 airbox due to lack of clearance from the variable TB's, but that's not a problem for your case. I bet, as is, if you're willing to make a bracket or two at most, the 08+ tail section would fit on the 06/07 subframe. I would have no issue trimming a 08 tail section to fit the 06 subframe if need be, especially if the bodywork saves you time, money and hassle looking for specific 06 bodywork.

A Chinesium 08+ fairing stay is like $50...cheap to convert the most expensive body work pieces (upper/lower).

DmanSlam likes this.
  13. DmanSlam

Yeah. I agree with you. I've got an 08+ tail section and eyeballed it for trimming so I'll probably do that. I'll also entertain your 'bracket' suggestion as it sounds cleaner.

Personally, I'd like to get my hands on an 08 upper/front just to ensure everything aligns before buying another part that I may not use. I like having spares but, preferably, spares that fit.