1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

So #2 above says the claimant must be 18, which the kid wasn’t, or represented by a parent or legal guardian. The parent was apparently back at the RV for some reason and the kids engine builder who gave him the money to submit the claim wasn’t his legal guardian. When the parent finally showed up, the claim was dropped.

So what’s the big deal?

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Talk to Freddie, he'll explain it all to you.

3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Theft implies no payment for said goods. The person claiming the bike pays the person surrendering the bike/parts. There you go....a rules sanctioned purchase, with a rules enforced price structure that everyone agrees to when they enter the race. Don't like it, don't enter.

Once a Wanker.. and cbush like this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The rule has been updated, before there was no age requirement, and it wasn't spelled out that the claimant would be kept anonymous. Also, the builder didn't supply the money, your understanding of what happened is completely wrong...

Bloodhound and skidooboy like this.
  5. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Ok. Lol

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You tell me what the big deal is... I don't care either way. A claiming rule will never affect me.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Clapped out SV’s aren’t worth 150% of MSRP? :D

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Except in Honda's case, whatever amount the AMA thought a CBR was worth in no way compensated for the price of the shock alone.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

More like 15% :D

pickled egg likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

Another question, does this 150% take into account the MSRP of installed aftermarket/upgraded components?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the point of the rule.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you spend more than 50% of the bike's MSRP on upgrades, you are taking a chance that someone will take advantage of the great deal you're offering them. They will buy your bike rather than copy it.

You should think of it as a cost cap. Except, instead of saying "you can't race it with us," they are saying "you might lose it if you do."

13. fastfreddie

And, like the ATF, they can't seem to get their shit together. Sometimes is for the part, sometimes it's for the whole machine. Which is it gonna be for the next guy?
    To me, it doesn't matter, I have a problem with it either way. Not choosing to make a living riding allows me the luxury of taking a vacation from any of their events, forced or otherwise.

14. fastfreddie

Have you seen what's allowed in the limited class? I think it's possible to go way over their 150% just following the rules. At the least, the claim money should reflect the actual value of the machine, including its unobtainium or whatever rule acceptable upgrades are installed.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Depends what the rulebook says. They don't all share the same rulebook. You're jumping from amateur motocross to professional supersport and from the 90's to the 2020s. The rule might be different depending on where and when you look. But it's always known before you get to the racetrack.

Once a Wanker.. and stk0308 like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Allowed <> required.
    This is where you have choices and decisions to make.

skidooboy and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  17. fastfreddie

And sometimes the plan to participate is a year in the making, only to find out your plans are no longer legal.

Might as well just race straight off the showroom floor...then claim the better bike. :rolleyes:
    (I realize that's not within the spirit of the rule and would be denied).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It happens.
    Who you gonna sue? Ghostbusters! (Don't ask, it sounded really funny in my head. :D )

19. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Reminds me of a really good, but lengthy lawyer joke I read this weekend...

20. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

no, it wouldnt be denied... that is "the rule". you can race a stock bike, claim the best bike in the group, sell the stock bike, or use it as a practice bike... instant upgrade, without all the work, or hassle. Ski