1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Kickstand on R6 but wait......

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Prospect, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That's where the shift rod mounts to the bike! how can I remove the kickstand while keeping the mount?

2. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

You just remove the pivot bolt and nut.

Prospect likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

What Bruce said, but if you want to make it permanent and maybe lose a few more grams of weight, an angle grinder would do the trick. :D

Prospect and Bruce like this.
  4. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I always thought about doing that, but it was so convenient to just bolt the kickstand back on at the end of a race weekend to ease loading/unloading.

Prospect likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And frame modifications are illegal in Superstock....

Prospect likes this.
  6. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Thank you gents, appreciate the feedback!

Who wouldn't want bonus weight savings as long as legal in the class?!

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

We make brackets at the shop that the shift lever bolts to and has provisions for the bodywork bracket as well that replace the large OEM bracket.

8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Would that be considered a frame mod? It's a bracket that bolts to the frame.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Wait..didn't some guy in NJ invent those? And everything else for an R6?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's a bracket then no. Modifying a bracket is fine, the reason I mentioned frame is I was looking at a kickstand bracket that was cut from a frame that sits on my desk.

Bruce and Prospect like this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

vs putting a TRS bracket on & rolling the bike in? Funny for the ones that complain about how expensive it is until that one weekend where you have a 3pm race and an 8-10hr drive home. :)

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

More so that I can conveniently move the bike around without having to worry about a stand. The bike got packed last. This was just for the R6 since you needed that bracket there anyway.

13. Josemedina424

Josemedina424 Member

Send me the link to that bracket u sell

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Just saw this. We're in the process of getting a new (to us) CNC machine in the shop, so we don't have any at the moment. We should have some by early February.

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I might have one or two squirreled away if you need it. Can’t look until next week.