1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

That would be your right, and an option but, understand... at the end of that race you would lose your points, place, trophy, all contingency, and would be banned from participating in any AMA sanctioned event for a year. RTFRB!

Again dont bring a bike worth more than 150% of retail, and be mad, when it is claimed, confiscated, and given to the person doing the claiming, after you receive your 150% payment. THIS IS WHAT THE RULE WAS DESIGNED FOR. to level the playing field, on equipment and cubic dollars spent to win championships. Ski

stk0308 and bpro like this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Is not a protest a better option?

BTW, I've yet to find anything within the rules to describe or define the claiming rule. It's a BS rule.

3. Matt kamman

Matt kamman Member

Protest what?

backbone likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

That's for the whiner to decide.
    There's nothing in the limited classes that can't be done on a limited budget. If the rider is competing in the unlimited class, then he can expect to be racing against some deeper pockets...and likely has them their self. If a limited rider wants to race in the unlimited classes and gets their ass handed to 'em, what did they expect? To wax the field?

Any rules expert want to link the claiming rule? I have yet to find anything other than some words to the effect of putting it to use, but no words as to what it actually is.
    IMNSHO, not in the rulebook, not a rule.

5. skidooboy

Post 511 is the claiming rule in it's entirety. anyone who raced that class, can claim anyone in that class', and that race's bike, for 150% of the mrsp of the stock bike, within the first 30 minutes of the posted race results.

So, you have to be in the class, and race, to claim a bike. Ski

6. fastfreddie

Yeah, but what exactly is a claim? I want your bike therefore it's mine? BS. No one is gonna force me to sell a personal bike at a loss, a profit or under any other circumstances without my consent.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you agree to enter the race, you agree to your bike potentially being claimed. Refuse to cooperate, enjoy the penalties.

backbone, Slider82, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

A 'claim' is a forced sale of any racer's bike, requested by someone else entered in the same race. If one is not willing to part with a bike worth more than one and a half of the bike's purchase price, you best not sponsor anyone in an amateur AMA race, @fastfreddie. Once a rider signs up fo a race, you are agreeing to the rules, right?

skidooboy likes this.
  9. skidooboy

You are missing everything about the rule! you have the option to buy anyone's bike on the gate. so with that understanding, stock, or modified... your bike can be claimed. so if you are say, Star Racing Yamaha, and you want to make a statement, and give your next new up and coming star unlimited support, with a full on factory bike and all the unobtainium that comes with it... IT CAN, AND WILL BE CLAIMED. so if you personally put in 30k into your bike thinking it is going to help you win, and the guy that finishes behind you all season decides you have something more than them, and they want it... unless you are willing to sit out a year by denying the claim... you are giving up your bike. it prevents Star, and you from "stacking the deck in your favor, due to cash". if you have that much money in a bike... dont take it to a race where it can be claimed. this rule is to help level the playing field! Ski

SpeedyE, Once a Wanker.. and RichB like this.
  10. fastfreddie

Exactly!
    It says when to do it, but there's no whys or whats about it.
    WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT IN THE RULEBOOK? How is anyone supposed to know what a claim is if they don't spell it out? They're assuming we know. Whether I understand it or not, I can't confirm cuz I can't find any official wording describing it in all the glorious detail these fine print legalese bs-ers love to use.
    What does it mean to invoke the claiming rule? SPELL_IT_OUT!

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Page 37-38 of the 2023 rulebook.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Did someone get into the Absinthe?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Now get off of Fred's lawn!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I claimed it, in accordance with DA RULEZ! :moon:

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  15. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Jesus Christ why are you making it so complicated.
    A claim rule has existed in many amateur racing organizations for years. The premise is always the same. Here is the dollar value that you racing machine should not exceed. Do many claims ever get made? Nope. But the idea that one CAN be made is intended to have you remember when building your machine that if you spend wheelbarrows full of money, be prepared to sell it at a loss.

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Or, if you have the barrelfulls of money, wheel the stock #4 bike out of the trailer for the race?

17. fastfreddie

I am not making it complicated. I just want to see it in writing. Is that so difficult?

Should I qualify for an event, show up with my ancient 426 to participate, then whip out $15K (or $20K if it's a National event) and forcibly buy Tomac's bike? How ethical is that? o_O

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Claiming 1. All sanctioned motocross and youth meets are claiming meets. The claiming price shall be 50 percent over manufacturer’s suggested retail price using the Black Book AMA Official Motorcycle Value Guide, Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide and include the complete motorcycle, supermini or minicycle. Vintage- and ATVclass equipment shall be excluded from the claiming rule. 2. Any rider (claimant) over the age of 18 or represented by a parent or legal guardian may enter a claim for a motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed.

A claimant may enter a claim with the referee any time during the meet but no later than 30 minutes after the race results of the event in which the claimant has competed are posted. There will be no additional time added to this process in the event of a claim. Claimant shall remain anonymous, and claims will be irrevocable upon receipt of the claiming fee. MOTOCROSS 1.3 38 3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of sale. In the event the claimed motorcycle is the qualified motorcycle in future events of the meet, said motorcycle will be immediately impounded by meet officials. All maintenance will be supervised by meet officials and claimed motorcycle will remain in the custody of meet officials

.... and if your grasp of the english language is where the confusion lies.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/claim

claim
    1 of 2
    verb
    ˈklām

claimed; claiming; claims
    transitive verb

a
    : to ask for especially as a right
    claimed the inheritance
    The driver claimed the right to a hearing.
    b
    : to call for : REQUIRE
    this matter claims our attention
    c
    : TAKE sense 16b
    the accident claimed her life
    : to take as the rightful owner
    claimed her baggage and left the airport
    a
    : to assert in the face of possible contradiction : MAINTAIN
    claimed that he'd been cheated
    is claimed to cause weight loss
    b
    : to claim to have
    organization … which claims 11,000 … members—Rolling Stone
    c
    : to assert to be rightfully one's own
    claimed responsibility for the attack

skidooboy likes this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The location of the rule in the rulebook has been posted.
    Not sure why it's so difficult to read it.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. skidooboy

well for one, you are not going to qualify to race with Tomac so, you have no chance of claiming his bike (you have to be in THE race, the bike is in, to claim a bike). and the rule is for amateur racing, and doesn't apply to the pro ranks so, that point is moot too.

now you are just being obtuse. we have posted it, and told you the pages several times but, here it goes again. PAGE 37-38 OF THE 23 RULE BOOK UNDER MX

THIS IS THE RULE!

J. Claiming 1. All sanctioned motocross and youth meets are claiming meets. The claiming price shall be 50 percent over manufacturer’s suggested retail price using the Black Book AMA Official Motorcycle Value Guide, Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide and include the complete motorcycle, supermini or minicycle. Vintage- and ATVclass equipment shall be excluded from the claiming rule. 2. Any rider (claimant) over the age of 18 or represented by a parent or legal guardian may enter a claim for a motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed. A claimant may enter a claim with the referee any time during the meet but no later than 30 minutes after the race results of the event in which the claimant has competed are posted. There will be no additional time added to this process in the event of a claim. Claimant shall remain anonymous, and claims will be irrevocable upon receipt of the claiming fee. MOTOCROSS 1.3 38 3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of sale. In the event the claimed motorcycle is the qualified motorcycle in future events of the meet, said motorcycle will be immediately impounded by meet officials. All maintenance will be supervised by meet officials and claimed motorcycle will remain in the custody of meet officials. 4. If more than one claim is received for the same motorcycle, the meet referee will hold a drawing to determine the successful claimant. 5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply, they must forfeit the trophy, is disqualified from the meet and will be suspended for one year. 6. A rider may not enter a claim on their own equipment. 7. Any rider deemed by the AMA to be complicit in circumventing the claiming rule (i.e. placing a claim with the intent of returning the motorcycle to the original owner), will be subject to a 1-year suspension of competition privileges.