1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Appears to be more of a coffee table book, reference pics, etc.
    I'm more interested in text containing the whys/purposes/functions of design.

2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Because John Moses Browning wanted it that way! Now shut up and go shoot.

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There's no reason a 1911 owner shouldn't understand every little detail about JMB's tool.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

that threaded M&P 5.7 they just announced looks sweeeeeeeet. Put a suppressor on it and that thing will be a laser

5. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Setting that up and having items moved means paying for another tax stamp as a transfer right? I haven't heard of a way to move something from private ownership to the trust without paying for it.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Coolest thing out of SHOT Show so far has got to be the Henry Homesteader and it even takes Glock mags. Well done.

7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Anybody played with a Walther PDP pro? I’ve been trying to replace my nightstand/maybe occasional carry gun and I kept going back to a 320 of some sort but I never really loved it. I thought I settled on a PDP today then I dry fired a PDP pro. The guy behind the counter nearly got see my o-face. Hands down the best striker fired trigger I’ve personally touched.

I’m pretty sure I’ve finally made up my mind but I have to ask, anybody had any issues with PDP’s or Walthers in general?

8. I have a couple of Walthers. The Q5 Match SF, and the full size PDP.

I love the Q5 Match SF; it is one of my favs. No issues at all.

Ive said before the PDP is one of the best OEM striker fired triggers I have used. It is an awesome shooting gun. But it broke with only like 300 rounds through it. It has been so long that I can't remember what happened. I think it was something to do with the slide. When it broke I tossed it in the back of the safe and forgot about it.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I have a PPQ, PPS, and PPQ 22. One failure to load in the PPS, no failures with PPQ, both guns have each seen hundreds of rounds. The 22 is also failure free with both standard and high velocity ammo, again, hundreds of rounds. Typically cleaned every other range session.

I haven't shopped for striker fired 9mm since I bought the PPQ shortly after it came out, but I shot the range officer's PDP that he was trying to sell. Great trigger, but not so much better than the PPQ that I had to have one.

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I have a little Walther 22. The safety screw came loose. I contacted Walther twice by email and both times I was told we would send the parts right out. Its been a couple of years but I would own a Walther if it was given to me due to the poor customer service that I encountered. Over the years, I've learned that customer service is one thing I pay attention to when considering a product.

@Gorilla George please let us know how things go with Walther's customer service.

11. I can't say anything about their customer service, because I haven't even tried. I just put it in the back of the safe and forgot about it.

Same thing with the Saint Edge AR. I didn't even get one full mag out of it. The trigger spring broke and it wouldn't reset. I could push it forward and it worked fine, it just wouldnt reset on its own. I stuck it in the safe and forgot about it until now.

12. GixxerJohn011

I did my best Google-fu and couldn’t find a trend on the trigger or anything else really. There were a few different issues but nothing consistent like the firing pins on the first 365’s. It seems like normal stuff that if you make enough of something you’ll have a few issues.

I’m going to go pick it up in a few hours, I wish I didn’t have to wait for the damn plate to come in to put a dot on it!

13. Yeah, I agree. If they were shit guns, we would know about it. I think it was just a random bad luck kinda thing. I wouldnt hesitate to get another one if I felt like it.

I agree, waiting on the plate sucks. They send it to you free, but you still gotta wait on it.

14. GixxerJohn011

73B1E73C-5A4D-466C-802D-202912C16FF0.jpeg Finally got it out to the range today. So far so good except it makes 18 round mags evaporate. This thing is going to cost me a lot in ammo, the trigger makes it so fun to shoot fast. I can shoot some significantly tighter groups at distance, I’m assuming again because of the trigger. It’s going to be a long week waiting on the plate for the dot :(

wsmc42, Triple X and Gorilla George like this.
  15. Damnit now I need a new gun. Opening the box and seeing all the new shit is my favorite part.

Triple X likes this.
  16. GixxerJohn011

Check your local gun shops, good chance there is one waiting for pickup :Poke:

You get that Macro yet?

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Just got this email today. . .may be an option for your Saint in the back of the safe. . .:D

https://grabagun.com/fa-bfs-equippe....99+🔫+Kel+Tec+PMR+30+Sale+🔫+SW+Shield+Laser+🔫

18. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Just put one of these in the Saint https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-g2s-trigger.html, or sell it to me cheap and I'll do it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, how many pistol brace felons we got here? :rtfrb:

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I lost all mine in a boating accident.

Sabre699 and Steeltoe like this.