1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The V7 MW Participation Award

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Dec 22, 2022.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I had kind of decided not to run my fzr600 this year but I think I will at least once in V7MW just so I stay interested in your endeavor.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Good choice, it only takes one ticket to win. You could end up with a clapped out SV of your very own.

rd400racer and RRP like this.
  3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I truly hope the bike goes to someone that is further encouraged to RACE!

4. kenessex

Our hope is that whoever wins it either races it themselves or uses it to get somebody else on the track. If they already have a V7 bike they are happy with then we think it would be a great idea for them to endurance race it and help build entries for that.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Firing the first salvo. The Nuss boys are signed up for Saturday V7MW and maybe Sunday too (or vice versa depending on weather). Keep in mind that neither of us has ever ridden an SV before:D

6. kenessex

Excellent, I hope you will have lots of competition.

RRP and rd400racer like this.
  7. kenessex

So who were the V7 MW entrants at Tally last weekend?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

:beer: I drew first blood on Saturday :D

rd400racer likes this.
  10. rd400racer

Were you on the white bike?

11. kenessex

Great. Looks like we have our first 6 tickets for the shot at the SV. Keep the entries coming.

12. Lazy Destroyer

I was on a black SV650

13. rd400racer

This you?

[​IMG]

14. Lazy Destroyer

Yup that’s me on the right

15. rd400racer

That's me in front of you. Hope I didn't hold you back too much...it was my first time on an SV. It's a little different than an RD400 :D

Lazy Destroyer likes this.
  16. Lazy Destroyer

Nope, no worries!
    It was great riding/racing with ya! I need to get more social at the track, during downtime I’m usually either nodding off in my trailer or looking for something new to break on my SV.

rd400racer likes this.
  17. rd400racer

Thanks man. It wasn't my first time out there but I figured since I'd never ridden an SV I should treat it like a rookie. Hope to meet you in 6 weeks.

18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You need to meet his mom too! She's the cookie/brownie maker at the track! Never got to meet her,but heard the stories of her great baking for racers.

Lazy Destroyer and rd400racer like this.
  19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

UPDATE- thanks Zoran @TWF2 - the giveaway SV has a freshly serviced Fox Double shock.:D

Many thanks to Twin Works Factory for the contribution.

SundaySocial likes this.
  20. rd400racer

Well, I kind of goofed this weekend. For some reason I thought V7MW was an event at every race. I didn't realize it's a vintage specific race. So off to Tally my son and I headed. We signed up for it but he got called back to registration and was told that they moved us into V8MW instead. I didn't think much of it but we should have said nope, we'll do F2. And to make it worse, V8MW was the race before LWT SS, so we got to do the double. I'd never run a Solo 20 but I got my chance on Saturday:D I was wiped out afterwards. Hey, I'm an old dude.

Bottom line, my son and I had an amazing time Saturday. He finally beat the old man in that first race, which was pretty much just us two against each other since the true V8MW bikes destroyed our little SS SV's.

[​IMG]