1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

For Me, the Golf R at $50K is close to a stretch, and at $55-$60K nope. If Honda dealers weren't so shady, I would have gotten the Civic Type R.

4. I think this shouldn't even be a thing. ALL cars should sell for MSRP. No bullshit, no haggling, no mark-ups and no discounts.

If a car sits on the lot for months because the price is too high, THEN they should reduce the selling price to move it, and adjust the MSRP on all future models accordingly.

If someone thinks a car is priced too high, then don't buy it. If they sell out quickly because the general public likes them, then the OEM should make more.

Buying cars should be no different than buying groceries. Look around, find what you like for the price you want to pay, and buy it. That's it.

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  5. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah we should all live in a perfect world, when are you going to run for office.

Sabre699, BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How much for the lemons?

And the cherries?

:D

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm shocked to learn that you don't do the grocery shopping

8. Well, technically I don't. Neither one of us does; we use Instacart and have it delivered. I just used that as an example to make my point. :D

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what I’d buy? A Lincoln town car. Black with tan interior, the 8 and whatever transmission came in them. Whatever the last year was, make a new one of those, stick a multi disk CD player in it and gimme. Throw that pig in go and up the highway at 80 I go. Comfortable for 20 miles or 200 and about as cool as shitting your pants in church but who cares? :D

The A6 is kinda that but replace the jiffy lube oil change for $400 “service” and we’re getting into the pain of German cars. Lol

fastfreddie likes this.
  10. You lost me with the tan interior. :Puke:

BigBird likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Dave : I'm afraid to tell you, even if you are slowly distancing yourself from VW, somehow your taste in cars isn't improving.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really, almost any color interior, wouldn’t care. Just no black on black. I’m not fat enough, eye-talian enough and not jersey enough. :D

really, I need something that eats highway miles comfortably at 80 mph for 5 to 6 hours in a go.

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Well, it was a shit example cause grocery prices fluctuate wildly

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Meh. If it were chauffeured, maybe.

Mercury Marauder or Crown Vic LX Sport. FTW

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My G70 does that pretty well. It's been back and forth to Vegas a handful of times.
    Took it on a road trip up to Mt. Rushmore/Devil's Tower area and back when it was just a few months old. Nice cruiser.

BigBird likes this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think RZ got himself a sweet old Lexus GS V8 for that specific mission.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

not if it's always protein milk, protein powder , peanut butter powder and Velveeta

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Panic alert...you forgot the Nutella!

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Dad won $75 grand on a scratch off ticket. He asked what to do with the moolah, I told him to just get something he always wanted. He walked into the Lincoln dealer, didn't argue, just paid cash for a big grey over silver town car. '86 as I remember. Flash forward to 2002 and it goes to my son in vo-tech HS as an electronics major. Next thing it has some wild ass stereo, thumper speakers and flashey lights installed. King of the HS parking lot! (not). :D

Yzasserina, BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a Lexus IS500. Comfortable, reliable, and a V8.

turner38 likes this.