1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jan 18th sign up-2023 Loudon classic $250k payout

Discussion in 'General' started by tech1234, Jan 13, 2023.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's a very technical 1.6 mile track. horsepower isnt much of a factor

3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to watch people come into T3 going around 95-100mph heading toward a wall with air fence and a narrow ride thru gap in case things go bad…take a hard ride hand approximately 40-45mph 160° turn going over the NASCAR track uneven transition and heading up toward high side hill T4.

And I may not be really describing it as harsh as it really is.

27, lee955i, mgiossi and 1 other person like this.
  4. mg15

mg15 Member

Yeah, just use the draft on long straights to blow past.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

As long as they don't go through the 3-10 split and then do a right towards Turn 9 like one of the cars did on my watch during Lemons.

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's not long enough

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Methinks the sarchasm claimed another victim. ;)

mg15 likes this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I've been to Loudon watched several AMA superbike races there about a million years ago, for sure very tight and technical. I should have explained a bit. The next gen supersport bikes that are ecu restricted to compete against MA spec 600s will be at a huge disadvantage against a proper built MWGP spec 600 using proper fuel. It will take quite a bit of time and money on the dyno to construct new torque maps for all of the next gen bikes for this one race, and then it has to be policed. What does a ZX636 or a 2 mil R6 superbike on MR12 make? I would say pretty close to 145-150??

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

there was a rider on a motard finishing top 5 consistently in that race during last season. so power helps, but isnt much of a factor. also, there are 1000cc bikes still racing there either, so i dont think a middleweight superbike will be as much of a disadvantage as the locals that have been there for years. a ZX636 supersport does around 125-130, and a 2 mil R6 would be around 125-130. not many 600's are up to the 145-150 range yet.

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I'm very much looking forward to watching SG do the worm again at Tio's after the race.

11. mg15

mg15 Member

After sending the HRC guys a large glass of water as a peace offering.

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

13. mg15

mg15 Member

You’re probably on the right track with your assessment. Quite a few years ago I raced there regularly as an expert, running 600’s and 750’s on the same weekend, and had reasonable success on both. On a typical weekend, I was about 1.25 seconds faster on the 750. Both bikes were stock bore, supersport legal. The 750 had about 20hp more. While the weight of the two was within 5lbs, the 750 felt 30lb heavier when trying to get to the apex. It was more work, but the 20hp still ensured that it was faster. If you limit the throttle opening by 20% -/+ as is the case for legal Next Gen MA bikes, and you allow 600’s 2mm superbike builds, I’d say a 750 gets eaten alive.
    As far as that track not being a hp track, I’d seriously dispute that. The fast guys aren’t leaving anything on the table for guys without real power to take advantage of. HP won’t make big differences in lap times there, but you’ll not be able to make moves on fast guys with fast bikes.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  14. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

15. jpratt847

jpratt847 Well-Known Member

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I want this shit to be televised lol

17. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1:beer:

18. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

This Saturday. Beebs roll call?

19. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'll be there. it's my "home" track even though i stopped racing there years ago

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm going to be visiting and doing some logistics prep for bad decisions.