1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long shot: snowmobile engine

Discussion in 'General' started by HookieRooker, Jan 16, 2023.

1. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

I will let him know. Thanks, Ski. It sounds like a rebuild is not likely, and new is out of the budget range. Hopefully he can find a decent used engine

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll say it again......buy a Polaris!

Classic post Grasshopper.

I will say.....with all the traveling in the snow, cold fingers, greasy food, drafty rooms, and wrenching on your buddy's sled, it's still one of the finest rides you will ever have, especially with a seasoned rider that knows the trails. I really miss it.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Snowmobiles are like boats and pools, it's much better to find a friend who owns them and get yourself invited over to join the fun once in a while. You don't want to be the friend that owns them unless you are wealthy enough to pay others to deal with the bullshit. Sleds are fun but two or three days a winter is enough "fun" for most people.

4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Wrong.

Currently sitting in a room in Michigan's U.P.
    Riding for the next 2 or 3 day with my son, brother and his boy and some friends and their boys.
    I probably won't do as many miles this year as I did last year. 4300miles in 1 winter is a lot. Gonna need another new sled for next winter at this point

Sabre699, Sprinky and Dan Dubeau like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

^^You had me at UP^^:D

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

enjoy the rain, warm, and icy trails. LOL! (Sorry) still sitting this winter out waiting for good conditions, and no buried groomers, mud holes, holiday & weekend warriors, to blow their budgets, so we can have decent trails with low to no traffic later in the season. I truly hope you enjoy, and have at trip, just busting on ya. Ski

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Actually trail conditions are decent. Staying just outside Munising,. Rode over to Grand Marais today.

So suck it. I'm riding while your riding a keyboard.:Poke:
    :beer:

Sprinky, skidooboy and YamahaRick like this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Spent many nights at the Knollwood Inn in Munising. Ive heard the area from Munising to Mercer Wisconsin is the snowmobile capital of the world. Have fun out there.

zertrider likes this.