1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi RS 7

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Ima get the wife something when we move to Houston. She wants a smaller SUV, something along the lines of a BMW X3. I might see if I can talk her into an RS6 instead.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Must be the wheels that make it look so good. :p

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not doing Range Rover anymore?

4. fastfreddie

What is that, an Elantra? :eek:
    :D

5. It actually is. I think that is what sets it apart, those wheels.

6. I think ive got her talked out of that one. I think I have convinced her they get shitty ratings for reliability and customer satisfaction. She doesnt know or care about any of that shit. She just likes the way they look. But I keep telling her they are shit vehicles.

7. fastfreddie

They are exactly the style of shoes Pete wants. ;)

8. fastfreddie

Watched that the first time around but felt it was worth another look. Bad idea. Afterwards, I went straight to Cadillac's site and did the build and price. :D
    I'm not actually looking for another new car but that BlackWing sure is enticing.
    Midnight Steel with the Bronze wheels and carbon aero package, $120K.
    (The quartering shot looks better but I can't capture it). image.gen.jpeg

gixer1100 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

:(

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Dude, you owned a Jaguar lol

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I almost posted that but I refrained because BC now owns it. :D

That said, if Broome got the one good one for that production year, there is no reason it should go bad now.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

Just ribbin' ya a bit. Didn't mean to bring ya down. :oops:

13. Pete LOVES his shoes. Thank you very much. :D

I do love the wheels on the RS6, but just to look at. I would hate to try to keep them clean. Way too many spokes and little traps that would be hard to reach.

14. Yes. But the Jaguar doesn't have the same shitty reviews and customer experiences as the Range Rover. That Jaguar has been (and I assume still is) perfect.

That would be like comparing the Cayenne Turbo GT to the VW Toureg. Not that there is anything wrong with the Toureg, I actually think they are great vehicles. But the point is, just because they are owned by the same parent company, it doesn't mean they are the same vehicle. They are built in different factories, by different people, using different parts and with different Quality Control standards.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I know the diesel Touareg is built in the exact same factory as the Cayenne.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  16. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have owned my 2015 Jaguar XJL all wheel drive since July 2017. It now has 58,000 miles on it. The only unscheduled repair has been to replace the fuel pump. I have owned this car longer than any other car I have ever owned. I still talk to people that think Jaguar uses Lucas electrics and are owned by Ford. They haven't used Lucas electrics in over 25 years and Ford sold the company to Tata of India in 2008. Have no intention of selling it.

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've worked in many industries where multiple similar products were made on the same line. In basically all of the situations, the premium product had unique, more stringent quality requirements.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Was shopping for an A7 for all the same reasons as you, I had owned 2 Audi A5 previously as a daily but my son got so big he hated climbing out from back seat. Shopped for an A7 and went home with an S5 sportback. Such a great car. Still drives like a coupe but has 4 doors for people. R8 is my dream car. Some day. Bummed they stopped production. Will still buy a used one.

BigBird and omatter34 like this.
  19. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Put in in the YouTube thread on here?

20. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Looks like there was another car-related YouTube video posted above, so I guess it's okay (hopefully). Here you go:

omatter34 likes this.