1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi RS 7

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Nov 17, 2022.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

th
    thats a very bad ass car.

ducnut and omatter34 like this.
  2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nice!!!

3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Loving the car, but have noticed the paint seems very soft and thin. Is this an Audi trait in general, the color, or is it possible that the clear was too thin or not applied? Any input would be appreciated or guidance to the best Audi forum out there. Car was scheduled for PPF tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  4. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

The detailer can measure the thickness of the clear coat - they do it routinely prior to undertaking a paint correction. They should also be able to tell you if there seems to be an issue with hardness once they attempt polishing.

omatter34 likes this.
  5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Penis!

SuddenBraking and Gorilla George like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

VW paint is super soft and a big PITA to correct if you have swirls.

7. It isn't just an Audi trait; that is common on a lot of high end cars. One of the worst/thinnest factory paint jobs you can get is on a Ferrari, which makes paint corrections or repairs a huge pain in the balls. There just isn't much material to work with.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Congrats! I hope you love your Audi as much as I love mine!

[​IMG]

Spooner, Triple X, omatter34 and 4 others like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Love that car!!!

What mods you have

10. Damnit.

Now I need an RS6.

bwhip likes this.
  11. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

It's a ridiculously great car. Most luxurious car I've ever driven, and can be a badass sports car when you want it to be, despite the weight. It didn't need much in the way of mods, as it was completely loaded with options when I bought it (including ceramic brakes, B&O 17 speaker stereo, carbon package, etc.). I bought a second set of wheels for it (pictured above) for summer tires, and a set of resonator-deleting downpipes, to make the exhaust sound quite awesome.

[​IMG]

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I was telling you that when you were shopping for the Cayenne!

SuddenBraking and Gorilla George like this.
  13. omatter34

What downpipe? I've been considering doing something with the exhaust as well.

bwhip likes this.
  14. omatter34

I looked at the RS6 as well as the 7. Was a tough choice for sure.

bwhip likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:rolleyes:

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

This one: https://redstarexhaustusa.com/audi-..._euro6_200cpsi_130mm/34-heatshield-heatshield

I got the version with GESI Gen 2, so I could still pass emissions test (which it did late last year, thankfully). It did just what I wanted - made it louder and more throaty, but not obnoxious. I didn't realize it was a Russian company, and I bought it before Ukraine invasion. Had I known then what I know now, I might have found an alternative, but I am pleased with the product.

I've got a YouTube video with sound clips from both inside and outside of the car, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post auto content here, and don't want to get in trouble. :)

R1Racer99 likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Fucked around and found out, huh? :crackup:

That is a bitchin' ride and, dare I say it, more visually appealing than the TGT?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. It is nice, but I wouldn't go THAT far. :moon:

The only thing I don't like about it is that it looks flat. It looks like they took an RSQ8 and dropped a building on it. I just wish it was a little taller overall. I think it would look better and would probably be more comfortable to get in/out of. But then at that point I reckon you are just back to an RSQ8.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Funny, ain't it? :D

20. Kinda. :D

The RS6 is badass for sure. There are only a couple of things I would like to see different. So I was sitting here thinking about the things I would change to make it more to my liking, and then I thought "Well fuck. I just built an RSQ8". :crackup:

I really like the RSQ8. Had two different dealers not fucked me around, I would be in one right now. When the second one did, that is when I was like "Aight then, ill go get the TGT because fuck y'all".