1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jan 18th sign up-2023 Loudon classic $250k payout

Discussion in 'General' started by tech1234, Jan 13, 2023.

1. tech1234

tech1234 Well-Known Member

Entries for the 100th running of the Loudon Classic will open at noon EST on January 18th. The entry limit for the event is 48 riders and entries will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The historic event is featuring a $250,000 purse that pays $55,000 to the winner and pays back to 30th place. The cost to enter the race is $350, and current NEMRR licensed riders are getting a special $100 discount on that rate. Entries for the other Loudon Classic pro classes will open in the coming weeks.

The Saturday Classic event will feature a practice, qualifying and race session for all riders. The top 32 racers will compete for the record breaking purse money and a place in the record books of US racing history.

To enter, riders need a Motorsportreg account. Riders should log in and then go to the "Find Events" tab on the motorsportreg.com website and enter "Loudon Classic". For questions riders should contact NEMRR at 603-738-2190 or email [email protected].

27, motion and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

$55k to win a race ain’t chump change! That’s great to see someone has a chance to make some serious money for this race.

3. tech1234

Should be a really cool event!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What’s the premier class? 1000stk? Unlimited? 600s?
    Pretty interesting. :up:

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Middleweight GP. (600 4 cyl, etc.) There might be a slight tweak to accommodate out of region entries.

6. tech1234

MA 600 rules- (636, overbore R6, V2 with MA ECU, etc)

7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

8. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I am thinking that it might bring a few big guns out for a payday.

I am planning on being there as a spectator to support the event, should be some great racing. I will be on my 5th week on the road and getting ready to head home a few days after this race so a great way to wind down.

9. Johnny B

As clarified by management on the official NEMRR Facebook page:
    "The very basics for the rules are Middleweight GP + eligible Moto America Gen 2 Supersport bikes (GSX-R750, Ducati V2) that have the proper electronics package to be MA legal. Very Simple. The MWGP rules are published in the NEMRR rulebook, please take a look!"

10. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

This should be interesting depending on who shows up! Shane N could have his hands full.....for once!

tech1234 likes this.
  11. Johnny B

Yes he will! I'm pretty sure Stefano is coming up. I've heard other big names, too, but it would be premature to mention them.
    I'm doing a tease for the USCRA's Big Fish Small Pond 3ish Hour Endurance Classic on June 10 if anyone wants to really get familiar with the track. We'll honor any license, the only requirement is AMA membership. Formula 400 and Formula Twins classes with be run.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    KneeDragger_c69 and lrrs195 like this.
  12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Maybe I will have to come out of retirement for this, I should be able to make some money. Assuming only 29 other people enter of course.

13. Johnny B

How long has it been since you raced?

14. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Is this race a sprint race, normal race or endurance race ?

Sounds very interesting and close to home (Quebec)

Only issue for me, is that I've ran that track and she seems scketchy to say the least :confused:

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Middleweight Grand Prix

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's the Middleweight GP race which typically is 12 laps there during the season. all other sprints are 8 laps. for the Classic (bike week) this race is always 20 laps.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

So for the big price, it'll be the 20 lapper ?

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

as of right now, yes. i wouldnt be surprised if they add a few more laps to require a tire change.

19. Johnny B

Last I knew, number of laps still under discussion.

20. Johnny B