1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dakar 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by Smilodon, Dec 31, 2022.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Two Pies is leading overall!

Cheers

Dave

3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I picked him to be a likely winner early last week after watching him saying in a post-stage interview that he'd slowed down to finish 3rd, so he didn't have to open the next day's stage.

It was too early in the Rally to call it then, but I will now. I believe he's got Skyler's measure clearly in his sights now.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Yep, experience, injury, dissapointment and outright ability have combined to put Toby in line for another deserved/earned win. He's an animal for sure, and a smart one today.

Cheers,

Dave

5. Once a Wanker..

I really enjoyed these interviews of Skyler and Mason on the rest day last weekend. Sharing their experience and emotions, as I've not often seen.

ORIF likes this.
  6. Once a Wanker..

Smallest margin of victory ever in the bikes. Less than a minute, after 44.5 timed hours of racing and many more km untimed, traveling in the cold and wettest January ever in Saudi Arabia. Top 5 all within 4 minutes of each other. Great Rally to follow this year, imho.

BigBird and Letitsnow like this.
  7. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Skyler Howes was definitely the interview of the event. Amazed at the articulate, calm and informative manner. It all seemed like well-edited stuff that would be part of a "follow up show" after the event, but it was off-the-cuff right after getting off of the bike!

And having a laugh at himself for dumping the bike showing off for the cameras was great.

This was definitely a banner year, I only wish that I could have had more coherent coverage. I would have definitely paid for that. As it was, I did "okay" with Red Bull channel and the (horribly laid out) Dakar page.

The future looks bright for Americans in this race, both north and south!

8. Once a Wanker..

Other US riders, who haven't been mentioned yet here. Jacob finished strong, with great rides the final days to finish well in his rookie Dakar.

22nd - Jacob Argubright (USA) KTM +04h, 21m, 56s

48th - Pablo Copetti (USA) Yam +14h, 10m, 05s

59th - Petr Vlcek (USA) KTM +17h, 17m, 57s

85th - Morrison Hart (USA) KTM +41h, 17m, 55s

Congratulations to you all, gentlemen!

BigBird likes this.