1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here come the Chinese... again

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 12, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The cheap hotels here in Nha Trang are all empty (I'm talking about the $15-$20 a night 2 stars). Gotta feel for a lot of people who rely on tourists to get by. The last few years has been tough for them.

But I've seen the busloads of Chinese appearing in the past day or two. Its a good time to get in a visit somewhere before the hoards descend again. I'm sure they'll be in Yellowstone this summer.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good luck. They come in, I leave. Not because of they are Chinese but because what they bring in with them and the way they act.
    Russians are bad, Chinese tourists are the worst.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They are obnoxious. I had to leave the rooftop pool yesterday when a large family of them with kids appeared. Totally ruined the vibe for me. Friggin hate listening to screaming kids when trying to get some vitamin D. Couldn't even hear the club music any longer! I want my money back!!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, when the kids come in with the split crotch seamed shorts, run.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

When I was scuba diving in Thailand, the divemaster made it a point to advise me to get to the buffet before the Russians. Boy did he turn out to be right ! These guys were complete barbarians. They served themselves mountains of food on their plate and completely wrecked the buffet without any consideration for anyone else. Bunch of assholes.

When I went to China, at the Beijing airport, when the airline announced boarding time, the locals litterally rushed themselves to the door, pushing and shoving. It was like a fucking zoo ! When one of them starting elbowing me in the ass (he was like a foot and a half shorter than me), I started to swear at him in Québecois and he backed off en tabarnak ! :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Gino230 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the busloads of Chinese tourists at Arches and Zion don't have more "accidental deaths" from getting too close to the cliffs. The national parks are ruined by those buses.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

We hit a bunch of national parks when the pandemic was on and there were no tour busses (Asian or otherwise). Yellowstone was mostly dead as was Zion and they were amazing.

Just before the pandemic we were in Switzerland at the Jungfraujoch and it was annoying as fuck.

jksoft likes this.
  8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You hit Zion at the right time for sure. When those buses stopped, the parks were great.

black knight, jksoft and cpettit like this.
  9. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Yellowstone is brutal for it - you just sit in the long parade line tryin to get around . Zero tact and we don’t need to talk about their driving skills .

KneeDragger_c69 and jksoft like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ain’t it funny how the rest of the world says American tourists are boorish?

BigBird likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some are. Also rude and entitled.
    And people say similar about German, English and other European travelers.

But I’ve yet to see signs in hotel lobbies saying “no American business tourists allowed.”

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yep. Same as my last trip through Quebecistan. Rudest motherfuckers on the planet if you don’t speak pidgin Cajun, but boy did they light up when you pulled out US Dollars.

StaccatoFan and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what did we do?

14. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

You missed the movies?

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

For every reaction, there was likely a previous action.... :crackup:

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup. Daring to speak the language of global business. :moon:

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Speaking of Chinese, Shen Yun again next week.

Do not want.

And y'all know how I like me some Asians.

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

YamRZ350 likes this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Every time I see an ad for that I can’t help but wonder who the fuck would go to that garbage. Does it draw a big crowd? Is it all old Asian women?