1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you

Discussion in 'General' started by 88/532, Jan 11, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Having it towed to your house and posting a classified?

2. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

A big NO.

Even doing the work yourself, the margin is too narrow. Include paying yourself for your time and still if any of the 1000's of 'what-ifs' and you're in the red. Stuck with something that makes you look like you borrowed your daughters car.

But for fun? Sure. You'll end up being about even with blue book for a car you know the exact condition of, and thats a win if you're a decent tech.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I guessed a low 100K miles on it, and KBB says in good condition it's worth $2500 trade or $5100 private party.
    If I'm buying a car to fix and flip or fix and keep it ain't this one

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Then I'd have to deal with potential buyers dumb enough to buy a broken Mini...no thanks!

tony 340 and pickled egg like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I feel like you're saying something about the OP here…

6. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

I have a 2009 Cooper S with "issues", it won't start now. These cars are a riot to drive especially with the manual 6 speed transmission. However, I am ready to dump mine, so I will fix it, drive it and decide to keep it, then something else breaks, so I fix it and then drive it and cycle continues...

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are NEVER too old to go full retard. You are less likely to survive it, but never too old.

8. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

life_motto.jpeg

This image has been around, but this is the way to go...

Gorilla George, dave3593 and R Acree like this.
  9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Riot of a car to drive.

Wouldn't own one but wouldn't mind beating one up on the weekends either.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I went through the same thoughts about buying a mini last year, and after research, and buying a non mini, I'm still conflicted about it......

What I gathered is that It's like taking the redheaded stripper with a coke problem home, knowing she'll leaving you broke in the morning, and possibly with some lasting,lingering, and burning effects, but the possibility of a good fun time is there to outweigh those negatives.....

I ended up Buying a Fit. No regerts, I love the car, but every once in a while I see a cheap mini for sale, and think about it again.......

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The girls have been looking at minis so, everyone, keep posting. :)

Eh, gonna regret this: what transmission does it have? An S? What color is the interior?

12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Yes, it’s an S, 6 speed. I’ve decided against it however. My 67 Nova is coming home soon, so I’d probably bite off more than I could chew. Not worth as much as originally thought either.

Attached Files:

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I have a friend in GA that has a very nice one,blown motor,and he won't touch it.Hates the thing,and it's sat at his upper garage for years.
    He can wrench, but says money wise,they aren't worth the trouble.
    I just asked him about it on a visit and that's the answer I got. He would rather it rot than spend anything on it.It was his nephews

14. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Careful…those damn things are know to have major tranny issues…and that ain’t a cheap fix.

15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

As in being blown?

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Run away from that thing. They are money pits once they get some miles on them.

ToofPic likes this.
  17. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

From my limited experience and talking to tranny shops….yes

I’d maybe ask your local tranny shop and get their opinion as well

18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Its been years since we've seen a goo full retard move. :cool: