1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

This is great news they finally got it done. GM partnership is a sweet cherry.

Random side note, two teams directly drawing F1 talent from their Indy stables will also up the profile of IndyCar. Win win for US open wheel.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

With how indy car is dropping the ball with the new engines and in some other ways I do wonder if gm getting involved with f1 will lead the to pull away from indycar

BigBird likes this.
  3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

From what I gather the super license requirements are not very easy to fulfill in IndyCar. It's still a better route to go through the actual formula sub classes.

4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Earliest try for this team from the F1 nerds.

5. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

So,,,, GM is not broke now and will not need anymore tax payer funded bailout's???....Cool

evakat and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Robin172 likes this.
  7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

It's " Con-Trov-Ersay"

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You're a real funny guy:D (by the way, chicks dig the accent)

HPPT likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Is there one of these for Hamilton?

DrA5 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't know. One hasn't come across my feed.

Probably not enough material to make one if the topic is the same.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Bet there's one for Alonso. What a douchebag.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

For a guy who doesn’t follow F1, you sure do post a lot about it in this thread. :D

motion likes this.
  14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Andretti Global is building a 200 million dollar facility in Fishers Indiana, a few miles from their IndyCar plant. I’d say Michael is betting on F1 approval. I wonder if Marco will be a driver?!

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Marco is warmed over. Colton Herta would be on a short list I would believe.

ungwaha and Yzasserina like this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

If Haas can hire Hulkenburg to replace Schumacher then anything is possible, considering the fact that hulkenburg is now 35 and holds the record for most F1 starts without a podium.

stk0308 likes this.
  18. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Thing is, after the above joined/bought in, there were still only 10 teams. So the pie wasn't getting divided any further.

Andretti/Cadillac will dilute the prize fund. And mess up the closed shop. In reality, the teams should have zero say in the matter, but that's not how things seem to be working these days.

stk0308 likes this.
  19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

A lot can happen in the years between now and when/if they get on the grid. Who knows who will be the next "it" driver. Juan Pablo's son? (who is now a Red Bull academy driver)

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was kidding about Marco, he doesn't have the talent for Indy, no way he can get into F1.

rd400racer, ungwaha and DrA5 like this.